Meet Associate Injury Lawyer Courtney L. Engelke
Each injury attorney at Colson Hicks Eidson comes from a broad and diverse background in education and practical experience. Colson Hicks Eidson continues to attract top legal talent to add to its elite group of dedicated, respected trial attorneys. Courtney Engelke is no different.
Courtney graduated from Elon University in Elon, North Carolina with a B.A. in Corporate Communications and a minor in Spanish. While at Elon University, she received the Elon University Presidential Scholarship.
Courtney moved on to Florida International University College of Law in Miami, Florida where she earned her Juris Doctor. Courtney earned a coveted spot on the Florida International University Law Review. While in school, she was on the Dean’s List and was a member of Phi Alpha Delta Fraternity.
Courtney brings valuable experience to Colson Hicks Eidson. She had the privilege of being a legal intern for the Honorable John J. O’Sullivan, Federal Magistrate, United States District Court, Southern District of Florida, where she honed her legal skills and built a solid foundation in legal research and writing. Courtney also gained legal experience while clerking for a prominent civil defense firm. A rising star in the Florida legal community, Courtney then joined Colson Hicks Eidson as a law clerk drafting pleadings, pretrial motions and other legal memoranda in a variety of complex litigation cases.
Courtney is active in her community where she is on the Board of Directors for the Miami-Dade Chapter of the Florida Association for Women Lawyers, (FAWL), Scholarship Chair for Miami-Dade FAWL, a member of the Dade County Bar Association Young Lawyers Division, American Association for Justice, and National Association of Realtors.
She has received numerous honors and awards including the Florida Bar Labor and Employment Law Section Outstanding Student Award, 2010-2011, Jackson Lewis Labor and Employment Law Award, 2010-2011 and the Pretrial Advocacy Book Award, spring 2011.
- Board of Directors for the Florida Association For Women Lawyers, Miami-Dade Chapter (FAWL)
- Scholarship Chair for Florida Association For Women Lawyers, Miami-Dade Chapter (FAWL)
- Florida Bar Labor and Employment Law Section Outstanding Student Award, 2010-2011
- Jackson Lewis Labor and Employment Law Award, 2010-2011
- Pretrial Advocacy Book Award, spring 2011
- Elon University Presidential Scholarship
- Colson Hicks Eidson, Law Clerk summer 2010 and spring 2011
- Honorable John J. O’Sullivan, Federal Magistrate, United States District Court, Southern District of Florida, Legal Intern summer 2009
- Phi Alpha Delta Fraternity, Member
- National Association of Realtors, Member
- Dade-County Bar Association Young Lawyers Division, Member