Meet Business Litigation Lawyer Lindsey Lazopoulos Friedman
Lindsey Lazopoulos Friedman is a litigator, focusing on commercial matters and general civil litigation. Prior to joining Colson Hicks Eidson, Lindsey clerked for United States District Judge Robert N. Scola, Jr. and Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals Judge Alex Kozinski. Before she clerked, Lindsey worked for an international law firm, representing local and national businesses in litigation and extrajudicial dispute resolution.
Lindsey also developed a practice focused on defending fresh-produce related personal injury and commercial litigation cases for national and international produce companies. Lindsey has been published in produce industry publications, consulted on offensive strategies, drafted comments to Food Safety Modernization Act regulations. She also served as a moderator for a Food Safety Modernization Act symposium.
Lindsey graduated cum laude from the University Of Miami School Of Law in 2011. While attending law school, Lindsey was elected President of the Student Bar Association. She also served as a member of the University of Miami Inter-American Law Review and the Moot Court Board, and a member of both Iron Arrow and the Society of Bar & Gavel, the honor societies for the University of Miami and Miami Law, respectively. During her third year of law school, Lindsey received the Roger Sorino Award for leadership, dedication to the school and service to the community. Lindsey earned her B.A. in 2008 from Columbia University, where she was on the Dean’s List and received the King’s Crown Indelible Mark Leadership Award during her senior year.
To learn more about how Lindsey or another personal injury attorney at our firm may be able to assist with your legal matter, contact our law firm by calling (305) 476-7400 or by submitting an online case review form today.
Past Employment Positions
- Law Clerk to U.S. District Judge Robert N. Scola, Jr., U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida, Miami, Florida
- Law Clerk to Chief Judge Alex Kozinski, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, Pasadena, California
- Litigation Associate, K&L Gates, LLP, Miami, Florida
Professional Associations and Civic Involvement
- Florida Bar Association
- Florida Association of Women Lawyers
- Federal Bar Association
- University of Miami School of Law Alumni Association, Young Alumni Chair
Publications and Lectures
- Lindsey Lazopoulos Friedman and Wesley Van Camp, Pitfalls of the Food Safety Modernization Act: Enhanced Regulation, Minimal Consumer Benefit, and Zero Tolerance Levels for Naturally-Occurring Trace Pathogens, 48 U. Miami Inter-Am. L. Rev. 13 (2016)
- ISIS’s Get Rich Quick Scheme: Sell the World’s Cultural Heritage on the Black Market—Purchasers of ISIS Looted Syrian Artifacts Are Not Criminally Liable Under the NSPA and the McClain Doctrine in the Eleventh Circuit, 70 U. Miami L. Rev. 1068 (2016)
- Industry Focuses on implications of Food Safety Modernization Act, The Packer (March 16, 2015)
- Moderator, Food Safety Modernization Act, The Developing Regulations and What you Need to Know, University of Miami Inter-American Law Review Symposium (February 6, 2015)
- Court’s ‘Donning and Doffing’ Ruling has Relevance for Produce Industry, Produce Operations (March 12, 2014)
- Presenter, Bolivian Exporters’ Trade Mission: Doing Business in America, Miami, FL (April 2012)