Premier Legal Guide Touts Firm’s ‘Deep Bench of Attorneys with Enormous Trial Experience’ and Ranks Five Partners in 2017 Edition
CORAL GABLES, Fla. (July 25, 2017) – Colson Hicks Eidson has once again earned top honors in commercial litigation, ranking Band 1, the highest recognition possible, in the 2017 edition of Chambers USA, the world’s leading legal guide that ranks and reviews lawyers and law firms. The firm is one of only five law firms in the state of Florida to receive the Band 1 designation.
The widely-respected directory recognized Colson Hicks Eidson as “a premier practice for plaintiff representation, with a deep bench of attorneys with enormous trial experience” and noted the firm’s significant expertise in class-action matters, including personal injury and product liability cases, with additional strengths in professional malpractice and white-collar crime litigation. Sources commended the firm as “the dream team of plaintiffs’ lawyers” with one interviewee asserting “There is no one better.”
Chambers USA also ranked five of the firm’s partners in its 2017 guide:
- Dean C. Colson – General Commercial Litigation – Lauded as “great lawyer” and an experienced and well-known litigator who comes recommended for his strengths in professional malpractice and product liability disputes. He also maintains a fine track record for his work in cases arising out of the aviation industry.
- Lewis S. “Mike” Eidson – General Commercial Litigation – Recognized for his impressive track record in personal injury work and highly regarded for his strengths in mass torts and class actions. One peer reported that Eidson is “fabulous in personal injury cases” and “very good in the courtroom.” He is also highlighted for his counsel in medical malpractice, product liability, and employee rights cases.
- Julie Braman Kane – Recognized Practitioner – Included in the directory for the first time as a Recognized Practitioner who handles notable matters and has received recommendation during the course of Chambers research.
- Roberto Martínez – General Commercial Litigation and White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations – Regarded as highly adept in both complex commercial and white-collar cases and a strong choice of counsel for product liability suits. Described by sources as “very respected.”
- Curtis B. Miner – General Commercial Litigation –Highly esteemed for his work in high-value personal injury cases. Described by one source as “a fabulous lawyer – easy to work with and a very creative guy.”
Published by Chambers & Partners, inclusion in Chambers USA is based exclusively on research and confidential in-depth interviews with thousands of lawyers and their clients from across the country conducted by a team of independent researchers. The rankings are assessed based on technical legal ability, professional conduct, client service, commercial astuteness, diligence, commitment, and other qualities most valued by the client. The directory includes editorial comments based on market research and quotes from client interviews.
About Colson Hicks Eidson
The Law Firm of Colson Hicks Eidson is a trial firm with nearly 50 years of experience handling local, national and international litigation, and arbitration. Members of the firm have been involved in some of the country’s most high-profile and landmark cases resulting in impactful and precedential rulings. A mid-size firm with a diverse staff comprised of more than 50 percent women and minorities, Colson Hicks Eidson prides itself on a track record of developing future leaders within the legal profession and its civic and community involvement. Members of the firm have held notable positions serving on the boards of prominent institutions, such as the State University System of Florida and the Florida State Board of Education, and holding high-ranking offices, including President of the 60,000-member American Association for Justice; President of the International Academy of Trial Lawyers; President of the Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers; President of the Dade County Bar Association; President of the Miami-Dade Florida Association of Women Lawyers; United States Attorney for the Southern District of Florida; and Chairman of the Florida Federal Judicial Nominating Commission.