Fort Lauderdale Child Injury Attorney
No parent or guardian should have to worry about their child being injured due to the careless or negligent actions of another person. However, if this has happened, you can turn to Colson Hicks Eidson for help. We are ranked among the top trial attorneys in the country and are ready to get to work investigating your case. Our firm handles cases throughout the state of Florida and the US. When you need a child injury attorney, we will ensure you and your family are treated fairly during this process and receive the compensation you deserve.
Common ways that children are injured
When we look at the causes of an injury or fatality that occurs involving a child, the case must be examined thoroughly. In many cases, the negligent actions of an individual, business, or entity are to blame for the incident and could have been prevented. Some common causes of children’s injuries include:
- Motor vehicle accidents: Children are more susceptible to major injuries in the event of a car accident due to their smaller size and undeveloped bodies. These crashes can occur due to the negligence of other drivers and due to defective auto parts. Children should always be properly restrained according to Florida law.
- Defective products: Unfortunately, there are many products on the market that are unsafe for children, including toys that can cause injuries and illness. These products are often the result of poor product designs, manufacturing errors, or improper labels or warnings.
- Falls: Children can be seriously injured in public buildings, public spaces, and many residential spaces in fall incidents. These areas should always ensure they have railings, gates, and safety proofed windows.
- Fires: All schools, public buildings, businesses, and homes must have proper fire safety alarms and equipment. If a fire breaks out, children are often the ones left behind because they are unable to escape in time.
- Playground accidents: Children love to spend time in playgrounds. These are often located at schools, parks, and businesses, and they should be regularly inspected and maintained in order to prevent injuries.
- Swimming pool incidents: It is the responsibility of property owners, whether residential or commercial, to ensure that pools and hot tubs are properly fenced and gated to prevent children from wandering too closely.
- Poisoning: Children are curious by nature and will get into any of the following if they are not properly locked up: medications, paints, cleaning products, and more.
How can we move your case forward?
If your child has been injured as a result of the negligent, careless, or intentional actions of someone else, seek legal assistance today. At Colson Hicks Eidson, our nationally-recognized firm will seek compensation from the negligent party, whether they are an individual, business, caregiver, or company. An injury to a child can have long-lasting impacts for both the child and their family, including tremendous medical bills. We will bring fifty years of legal experience to your case and get to the bottom of what happened. If you need an injury to children attorney who handles cases in Fort Lauderdale, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or by calling us at 305-476-7400.