Fort Lauderdale Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Many Floridians enjoy riding motorcycles. However, motorcycle riders face many risks on the roadway and can be seriously injured due to the negligent actions of other drivers around them. If you or a loved one have been injured, Colson Hicks Eidson is ready to help. We are recognized as one of the top litigation firms in the country. We handle cases throughout Florida and the US. When you need a motorcycle accident attorney, we are ready to secure the compensation you need.
Fort Lauderdale motorcycle accidents can lead to serious injuries
If we look at the statistics provided by the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, we will see that there were nearly 10,000 motorcycle crashes across the state during the latest reporting year. Those crashes led to:
- 515 motorcycle crash fatalities
- 7,725 motorcycle crash injuries
When we analyze the data, we can see that motorcyclists are at a much higher risk of injuries and death in a crash than those in a regular passenger vehicle. Motorcyclists have little protection from the force of an impact with a vehicle that weighs thousands of pounds. Even when a motorcyclist is wearing a helmet, they are more likely to sustain:
- Broken and dislocated bones
- Severe lacerations
- Internal organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- Spinal cord injuries
- Whiplash injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
These injuries can lead to tremendous expenses for the victims and their families. In many cases, a motorcycle accident victim is disabled and unable to work.
How do motorcycle accidents occur?
There are several causes of motorcycle accidents, and many of them are preventable.
- Passenger vehicle driver carelessness. All too often, we see that motorcycle accidents are caused due to a driver not giving a motorcyclist the space and respect they deserve on the roadway.
- Distracted and impaired drivers. Many vehicle drivers already ignore motorcyclists on the roadway. When a motorist is distracted or impaired, they greatly increase the chances of causing a serious accident.
- Roadway hazards. When a roadway has not been properly maintained, a motorcyclist can be seriously harmed. Motorcycle riders are more susceptible to serious crashes due to things like potholes and other debris in the roadway. It is up to municipal agencies or other responsible parties to properly inspect and maintain the roadways.
Our trusted team is ready to get to work today
If you or someone you care about has been injured in a motorcycle accident that was caused by the negligence of another driver, you should secure legal assistance as soon as possible. Turn to the nationally-recognized team at Colson Hicks Eidson. Our knowledgeable and experienced attorneys will work to investigate all aspects of your case in order to secure the compensation you are entitled to. These crashes can lead to tremendous financial expenses for victims and their families, and we want to make sure you are able to move forward. When you need a motorcycle accident attorney who handles cases in Fort Lauderdale, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or by calling us at 305-476-7400.