Fort Lauderdale Premises Liability Attorney
The last thing anyone should have to worry about is getting injured when they go onto someone else’s property. However, if you or a loved one have been harmed due to the careless or negligent actions of a property owner, the team at Colson Hicks Eidson is ready to step in. We are one of the top litigation firms in the country and regularly handle cases throughout the State of Florida (and nationwide). When you need a premises liability attorney, we will thoroughly investigate what happened in order to secure the compensation you deserve.
What causes a premises incident to occur?
Premises liability cases arise when someone is injured while on another person’s property due to the carelessness or negligence of a property owner. Property owners have a duty to ensure the safety of those who have a right to be on their premises (invitees and licensees). There are various causes of premises injuries, including:
- Slip and fall or trip and fall incidents. These are the most common types of premises liability cases and can occur when there are:
- Spills or leaks on the floor
- Debris that has not been cleaned
- Store merchandise on the floor
- Electrical cords on the floor
- No wet floor signs after mopping
- No handrails available
- Uneven walking surfaces
- Poor overall property maintenance. Property owners should regularly inspect and maintain their entire premises to prevent:
- Cracks in sidewalk or pavement
- Faulty electrical work/electrocutions
- Store displays from falling on patrons
- Store shelves from falling on patrons
- Furniture collapse in hotels or cruise ships
- Inadequate security. It is the responsibility of property owners to ensure their guests are safe by ensuring:
- There is adequate security personnel present
- Lighting is sufficient
- All locks on doors and windows are functional
- There is proper surveillance
- Swimming pools and hot tubs. These areas are a magnet for young children. Property owners must ensure pools and hot tubs have a fence and a locking gate surrounding them.
Injuries from premises incidents range widely and can include the following:
- Broken or dislocated bones
- Severe lacerations or punctures
- Internal organ damage/bleeding
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- And more
Negligent property owners should always be held accountable when their actions cause others harm.
Let us get to work on this case today
If you or someone you care about has been injured in an incident on another person’s property, you may be entitled to compensation. These cases can be incredibly complex, but the nationally-recognized team at Colson Hicks Eidson is ready to investigate and move your case forward. Our goal is to secure the compensation you truly deserve for what has happened, including coverage for your medical bills, lost income if you cannot work, mental anguish damages, and possibly punitive damages. When you need a Fort Lauderdale premises liability attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or by calling us at 305-476-7400.