Fort Lauderdale Product Liability Attorney
When you purchase a product to use or consume, you should never have to worry that it may cause harm to you or your family. However, if you or a loved one are injured due to a defective product, the team at Colson Hicks Eidson will bring over four decades of legal experience to your case. We are ranked among the top trial attorneys and regularly handle cases in Florida and throughout the country. Our Fort Lauderdale product liability attorneys will get to work on your case so we can secure the compensation you deserve.
How to products become defective?
Defective products occur in all industries. When examining the website that tracks current recalls in the US, we can see faulty items in all of the following:
- Automotive industry and parts
- Aviation parts
- Electrical components
- Farm equipment
- Construction equipment
- Other heavy machinery
- Cleaning supplies
- Scuba equipment
- Medical devices
Products become faulty in a variety of ways, including:
- Faulty designs that are not discovered when a product is being tested. Poorly designed products can cause severe injury to consumers.
- Manufacturing errors that alter a product from its original design. Even well-designed products can be tampered with or changed during manufacturing (both intentionally and unintentionally).
- Labeling issues can affect any product. Consumers depend on product labels for instructions, dosages, warnings, side effects, ingredient lists, allergen lists, and more. When a label does not accurately reflect the product, consumers can become injured or ill.
What kind of injuries can defective products cause?
Defective product injuries vary widely but can include both traumatic injuries as well as internal illnesses. Our product liability attorneys are familiar with cases involving the following:
- Broken and dislocated bones
- Lacerations, punctures, and amputations
- Severe infections
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Respiratory illnesses and cancer
- Eye injuries
- And more
The costs of treating these injuries can be tremendous and include more than medical bills. If a victim cannot work, they could lose the income they need to support their families.
We are ready to move this case forward
If you or someone you love has been injured or become ill due to a faulty product, please seek legal assistance immediately. You may be entitled to significant compensation, but these cases can become complex. The nationally-recognized team at Colson Hicks Eidson is going to bring more than four decades of experience to your side as we work to secure the compensation you deserve. This includes coverage of medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering damages, and punitive damages against those responsible. When you need a Fort Lauderdale product liability attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or by calling us at 305-476-7400.