Fort Lauderdale Theme/Amusement Park Injury Attorney
When you go to a theme park, fair, festival, water park, or carnival with your family and friends, you should not have to worry about getting injured. Unfortunately, there are times when the careless or negligent actions of a park owner, operator, or employee can cause serious injuries. Turn to the team at Colson Hicks Eidson if you have been injured at a theme park. We are ranked among the top trial attorneys in the country and regularly handle cases throughout Florida (and nationwide). Our theme park injury attorneys are ready to investigate your case and secure the compensation you need.
What are the causes of theme park injuries?
You may not hear about theme park injuries often, though they do make the national news occasionally. However, they happen much more often than most people realize. Amusement park negligence attributed to the ride operators, employees, maintenance personnel, and ride manufacturers is often to blame.
- Ride failure. This can occur in a variety of ways, including the failure to properly use or the failure of ride harnesses or safety bars. Parts of a ride can fly off and injure riders or bystanders. There are even times when a ride can detach from its base. When these incidents occur, various parties could be held liable, including the ride manufacturer, maintenance crews, installation teams, operators, and more.
- Failure to operate the ride properly. The employees who operate a ride should always do so according to the instructions provided by the manufacturer. Failure to properly operate a ride can result in significant rider and bystander injuries.
- Failure to provide appropriate warnings or instructions. Every amusement ride must have a list of instructions and warnings about the ride in a conspicuous area for visitors. These signs let potential riders know the risks associated with the ride.
What kind of injuries commonly occur at theme parks?
Amusement park injuries vary widely. Some happen due to high ride speeds. Others are caused by blunt force trauma. Some of the most common injuries the team at Colson Hicks Eidson handles include:
- Head, neck, and spinal cord injuries caused by spinning rides, roller coasters, bumper cars, etc.
- Traumatic brain injuries and neck injuries due to high speeds and the G-forces a person experiences as well as from detached objects striking riders.
- Brain aneurysms can occur due to high speeds and G-forces that a rider experiences on certain rides.
- Deaths due to falls from rides or detached rides.
Let us get to work helping you today
If you or someone you love has been injured in a theme park incident that was caused by the park owners, employees, or a defective ride, the team at Colson Hicks Eidson is ready to help you through this. We will put more than fifty years of legal experience to work to secure the compensation you need. This can include:
- Your medical expenses related to the incident
- Lost wages and benefits if you cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of personal enjoyment damages
- Punitive damages against the negligent party