Fort Lauderdale Wrongful Death Attorney
If you have lost a loved one due to the careless or negligent actions of another person, company, or entity, you may be entitled to significant compensation. The team at Colson Hicks Eidson is ready to help you get through this difficult time. We are ranked among the top trial attorneys in the country and have the resources and knowledge necessary to fully investigate what happened. We regularly handle cases throughout the State of Florida (and nationwide). Our wrongful death attorney is ready to get to work today.
How do wrongful death cases arise?
Wrongful death from personal injury cases in Fort Lauderdale arises in a variety of ways but revolves around the careless or negligent actions of another person, business, or entity. Some of the most common incidents that lead to wrongful death include:
- Vehicle Accidents – During Florida’s latest reporting year, there were 3,116 total fatal crashes. All too often, these incidents were caused by a negligent driver, including drunk driving, distracted driving, careless operation of a vehicle, etc. Many of these fatal accidents involved a commercial vehicle.
- Workplace Accidents – The Occupational Safety and Health Administration says that there were 5,147 workplace fatalities in the country during the latest reporting year of data. Many of these incidents were preventable and due to negligence on the part of someone else.
- Product Liability – Defective products are often the result of flawed designs, manufacturing errors, or labeling errors. They can cause serious injuries and fatalities to consumers.
- Medical Mistakes – Medical mistakes are the third leading cause of death in this United States, killing around 250,000 people each year. Many of these medical mistakes include diagnosing mistakes, anesthesia errors, surgical errors, delayed treatment, birth injuries, medication errors, and more.
- Premises Liability – Property owners should always ensure that their guests are safe from reasonably foreseeable hazards.
How much compensation can you expect from a wrongful death case?
There are a variety of factors that go into how much compensation family members can receive for a wrongful death case. The knowledgeable and experienced team at Colson Hicks Eidson will examine a variety of factors, including;
- The age of the deceased
- How much they would have earned over the course of their life expectancy
- The pain and suffering the deceased endured before they died
It is just as important to examine how the loss of a loved one will affect their family. You may be entitled to coverage for pre-death medical bills, funeral and burial expenses, loss of income, loss of consortium, as well as pain and suffering damages, as well as punitive damages against the negligent party.
Let us help you move forward
If you have lost a loved one due to the negligent or careless actions of another person, please accept our condolences. The team at Colson Hicks Eidson is ready to step in and help you get through this difficult time. We will bring more than fifty years of experience to your case as we investigate what happened. Our goal is to secure the compensation you are entitled to and help you get closure. When you need a wrongful death from personal injuries attorney to handle your case in Fort Lauderdale, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or by calling us at 305-476-7400.