West Palm Beach Child Injury Attorney
Child injuries can be devastating to the victim and their family. They can lead to long-lasting physical, emotional, and financial hardships. Children who suffer from serious injuries that were caused by someone else’s negligence often face permanent disabilities that affect them their entire lives. Our attorneys handle cases throughout the State of Florida (and nationwide). We have a successful track record of obtaining compensation for our clients and their families. When you need an attorney to handle your case in West Palm Beach for injuries to a child, we are ready to help.
What are common children’s injuries?
When we talk about lawsuits pertaining to a child’s injury or wrongful death, we are usually referring to cases in which the injury occurs due to the careless or negligent actions of an individual, business, or entity. Some of the most common causes of children’s injuries include:
- Motor vehicle accidents: Children are very susceptible to injuries in a vehicle accident due to their smaller size. These incidents occur due to the negligence of other drivers as well as due to defective auto parts (seatbelts, child safety seats, etc.).
- Swimming pool incidents: Children are attracted to pools, and they can fall in and drown when not properly supervised. In most jurisdictions, pools at both commercial and residential locations are required to have a fence with locking gates around them.
- Defective products: Product recalls are common in the US. Toys and other children’s products are often recalled due to poor designs, manufacturing errors, or improper labels or warnings.
- Falls: Public buildings
- , public spaces, and many residential spaces are required to have railings, gates, and reinforced windows meant to protect children from falls.
- Fires: All schools, public buildings, businesses, and homes should be equipped with the proper fire safety alarms and equipment. Children are less able than adults to get to safety in the event of a fire.
- Poisoning: Accidental poisoning can be caused by numerous things, including defective products, medications, paints, cleaning products, and more. Younger children are particularly at risk of poisoning.
- Playground accidents: Playgrounds are often installed at schools, parks, and businesses. They must be reasonably safe and well-maintained to prevent injuries.
- Birth injuries: Medical negligence can lead to a child sustaining an injury at the time of birth, including severe spine and brain damage.
Let us get to work on securing the compensation you need
If your child has sustained injuries as a result of the careless or negligent actions of another person, business, caregiver, or defective product, seek legal assistance as soon as possible. At Colson Hicks Eidson, we are ready to get to work on your behalf. Let our nationally-recognized team get to work so we can secure the compensation you deserve. We handle cases on a contingency fee basis, so you will not have to worry about attorney fees unless we are successful in your case. We understand that an injury to a child can have lasting impacts for both the child and their family. When you need an attorney to handle your case in West Palm Beach for injuries to a child, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or by calling us at 305-476-7400.