West Palm Beach Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Motorcyclists have a higher risk of serious injury when they are struck by a careless or negligent driver. If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle crash, you need to seek legal assistance as soon as possible. Colson Hicks Eidson is nationally recognized as a top litigation firm, and we are ready to help you secure the compensation you deserve. Our attorneys handle cases throughout the State of Florida (and nationwide). Our motorcycle accident attorneys who handle cases in West Palm Beach will get to work securing the compensation you deserve today.
West Palm Beach motorcycle accidents
When we turn to statistics from the latest reporting year available from the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, we can see that there were nearly 10,000 total motorcycle crashes in Florida. Out of those, there were:
- 515 motorcycle crash fatalities
- 7,725 motorcycle crash injuries
Those numbers reveal what many people already suspect – that nearly every motorcycle crash results in an injury or, worse, a fatality. These accidents often lead to serious, life-altering injuries. It is not uncommon for us to see the following after a motorcycle crash:
What causes motorcycle crashes?
The most common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Roadway hazards. Motorcyclists are more vulnerable to hazardous roadway conditions like potholes and debris than passenger vehicles. With only two wheels, and with vehicles that weigh much less, road hazards can lead to serious crashes. Poor roadway maintenance by government officials or other agencies is also a major concern for motorcyclists.
- Head-on collisions. These collisions are often fatal for a motorcyclist. When a vehicle and a motorcycle collide head-on, the impact can be devastating, especially at high speeds. These incidents often occur as a result of distracted and impaired driving.
- Lane splitting incidents. Lane splitting is the practice of riding a motorcycle between cars in adjacent lanes when traffic is slow-moving or stalled. This is illegal in Florida. Motorcyclists who practice lane splitting run the risk of being struck by a vehicle driver who does not expect a motorcycle to ride up beside them.
- Left-turn accidents. This is one of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents and occurs when a vehicle makes a left turn, across a lane of traffic, and collides with or is impacted by a motorcycle heading the other direction.
- Impaired and distracted driving. This kind of behavior often leads to fatal accidents for motorcyclists.
It is important for motorcyclists and passenger vehicle drivers alike to follow all traffic laws and ensure they watch out for one another.
Let us get to work on your behalf today
If you or someone you love has been injured in a motorcycle accident that was caused by the careless or negligent actions of another person, you should seek legal assistance immediately. At Colson Hicks Eidson, our qualified and experienced team is ready to get to work on your behalf. These accidents can lead to tremendous expenses for victims and their families. Our nationally-recognized firm will work to secure the compensation you deserve. We handle cases on a contingency fee basis, so you will not have to worry about attorney fees unless we are successful in your case. When you need a motorcycle accident attorney to handle your case in West Palm Beach, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or by calling us at 305-476-7400.