West Palm Beach Product Liability Attorney
When you use a product as directed, you should never have to worry about it causing harm to you or your family. However, if you or a loved one have sustained an injury due to using or consuming a faulty product, you could be entitled to compensation. At Colson Hicks Eidson, our firm has been the leader in several high-profile defective product lawsuits, and we are ready to get to work securing the compensation you deserve. When you need a product liability attorney to handle your case in West Palm Beach, call us today.
What is “product liability”?
There are thousands of faulty products in the hands of consumers in the United States. When we look at the website that tracks current recalls in the country, we see that every industry is affected:
However, not all defective products reach recall levels before they cause serious harm to consumers. At Colson Hicks Eidson, our knowledgeable and experienced team has successfully pursued negligent companies and manufacturers.
Injuries and illnesses that arise from faulty products vary widely and can include:
- Broken and dislocated bones
- Lacerations, punctures, and amputations
- Severe infections
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Respiratory illnesses and cancer
- Eye injuries
- And more
Victims of product injuries often face tremendous medical expenses as well as other significant damages like lost income and pain and suffering damages.
How do products become defective?
There are various ways a product can become defective, including:
- Faulty designs. Most products are thoroughly tested before they are put in the hands of consumers. However, there are times when a poorly designed product makes it through testing (or when a company ignores product design problems).
- Manufacturing errors. Even a well-designed product can face problems in manufacturing. When a product is damaged or altered when it is being made, and the original design is changed, it can become harmful for consumers.
- Labeling problems. Even a well-designed and well-made product can still cause harm to consumers if the labels or warnings are inadequate, missing information, or missing altogether. Consumers need valuable information like how to use a product, dosages, ingredient lists, allergen warnings, hazard warnings, and more. Faulty or missing labels and warnings are a major problem.
It is time to secure the compensation you deserve
If you or someone you care about has been injured or become ill due to a defective product, you should seek legal assistance as soon as possible. At Colson Hicks Eidson, we are ready to get to work on your case today. You deserve to be fairly compensated when a company or manufacturer is negligent or careless. This includes coverage of your medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering damages, and punitive damages against those responsible. We handle cases on a contingency fee basis, so you will not have to worry about attorney fees unless we are successful in your case. When you need a product liability attorney to handle your case in West Palm Beach, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or by calling us at 305-476-7400.