West Palm Beach Theme Park & Amusement Park Injury Attorney
When you and your loved ones want to enjoy time at a theme park, amusement park, water park, carnival, fair, or festival, you should never have to worry about getting injured. However, the careless or negligent actions of a park owner or employee can lead to serious injuries. The team at Colson Hicks Eidson understands that theme parks must take the safety of their guests seriously. When you need a West Palm Beach theme park injury attorney, we will work to secure the compensation you deserve.
Common causes of theme park injuries
There are several ways that theme park injuries can occur. Amusement park negligence is often attributed to the ride operators and employees, maintenance personnel, as well as the ride manufacturers.
- Ride mechanical failure. This can occur in a number of ways. The ride safety bars or harnesses could come loose or detach. Ride parts could fly off and strike someone. In some instances, rides could even fall apart and come off of their bases. In these instances, we will need to examine inspection and maintenance records. The manufacturer of the ride could also be held liable for providing a defective product.
- Failure to operate the ride properly. Employees should always be properly trained to operate each ride in the appropriate manner as directed by the ride manufacturer. Failure to do so could result in rider injuries.
- Failure to provide appropriate warnings or instructions. Most rides have a list of instructions and warnings on the outside that let riders know the risks and tell them what to do. Failing to provide this information could lead to serious rider injuries.
What injuries can occur at theme parks?
Amusement park ride injuries vary widely. Some happen due to high ride speeds, while others are caused by blunt trauma. Some of the most common injuries we encounter include:
- Injuries to the head, neck, and spinal cord due to spinning rides, roller coasters, or bumper cars.
- Brain and neck injuries (often concussions) due to high speeds and G-forces or detached objects striking riders.
- Brain aneurysms from high-speed or high-G-force rides like roller coasters or slingshot style rides.
- Deaths due to falls or being thrown from a ride.
While most theme park injuries and fatalities occur on high-speed or high-intensity rides, please know that any ride can cause serious injuries.
We are ready to take this case forward
If you or a loved one have been injured at a theme park due to the ride owners or employees, please seek legal assistance immediately. At Colson Hicks Eidson, you can count on our team to be by your side, working diligently to secure the compensation you need. This can include:
- Coverage of your medical bills
- Compensation for lost income if you are unable to work
- Mental anguish damages
- Possible punitive damages
We handle cases on a contingency fee basis, so you will not have to worry about attorney fees unless we are successful in your case. When you need a theme park injury attorney to handle your case in West Palm Beach, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or by calling us at 305-476-7400.