West Palm Beach Wrongful Death Attorney
When the carelessness or negligence of another person, company, or entity causes the death of a loved one, families need to know where to turn. At Colson Hicks Eidson, our compassionate and experienced team is ready to get to work on your behalf. We understand that a lawsuit cannot undo what happened, but it can help your family recover from the loss and find some closure. When you need an attorney to handle your case in Palm Beach for wrongful death from personal injuries attorney, let us get to work today.
How do these cases arise?
Wrongful death cases arise when someone is killed due to the careless, negligent, or willful actions of another person, business, or entity.
- Vehicle Accidents – There were 3,116 total fatal crashes during Florida’s latest reporting year. Many of these deaths were the result of driver negligence, such as drunk driving, distracted driving, etc. In many of these cases, commercial vehicles were involved.
- Workplace Accidents –OSHA tells us that there were 5,147 workplace fatalities in the latest reporting year in the U.S.
- Product Liability – Products with flawed designs, manufacturing errors, or labeling problems often end up in the hands of consumers. These products can lead to serious injuries or illnesses that lead to death.
- Medical Mistakes – Medical errors are the third leading cause of death in this country. They kill approximately 250,000 people each year. Some of the most common medical mistakes include diagnosing mistakes, anesthesia errors, surgical errors, delayed treatment, birth injuries, medication errors, and more.
- Premises Liability – Property owners have a duty to ensure that their guests are reasonably safe. Failing to properly maintain their premises can lead to serious injuries and death.
What will be taken into consideration for compensation?
At Colson Hicks Eidson, we will look at a variety of factors when determining the amount of compensation a family should receive for their loss. These factors include:
- The health of the wrongful death victim prior to the accident
- The victim’s age
- Their capacity for future earnings
We will also look at how the death of your loved one has affected your family in order to recover damages from any pre-death medical bills, funeral and burial expenses, loss of income, loss of consortium, as well as pain and suffering damages. Please be aware that most states have strict wrongful death statutes of limitations that apply to these cases. Speak to a wrongful death attorney as soon as possible so you can secure justice for your loss.
We are ready to help during this difficult time
For 50 years, the team at Colson Hicks Eidson has been working to help families of those who have lost loved ones due to the negligent actions of someone else. If you and your family have suffered a loss, we understand you are going through a hard time. Let us get to work on your case today. We will fight to gain the wrongful death compensation you are entitled to that will help address your current and future financial needs. We handle cases on a contingency fee basis, so you will not have to worry about attorney fees unless we are successful in your case. If you need an attorney to handle your West Palm Beach wrongful death case, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or by calling us at 305-476-7400.