Preeminent Legal Guide Touts Firm’s Significant Experience in Class Action Matters, Enormous Trial Experience, and Premier Practice for Plaintiff Representation
Five Partners Recognized in 2018 Edition
CORAL GABLES, Fla. (May 16, 2018) – Coral Gables-based Colson Hicks Eidson has once again been recognized as one of the top litigation firms in Florida, earning top honors – Band 1, the highest recognition possible – in commercial litigation in the 2018 edition of Chambers USA, the world’s leading legal guide that ranks and reviews lawyers and law firms. Colson Hicks Eidson is one of only six law firms in the state of Florida to receive the Band 1 designation.
The widely-respected directory recognized Colson Hicks Eidson as “a premier practice for plaintiff representation, with a deep bench of attorneys with enormous trial experience” and noted the firm’s significant expertise in class-action matters, including personal injury and product liability cases, with additional strengths in professional malpractice.
Chambers USA additionally ranked five Colson Hicks Eidson partners in its 2018 guide:
- Dean C. Colson – General Commercial Litigation – Lauded by members of the Florida commercial litigation Bar as “a tremendous lawyer and statesman for our community” and recognized for his outstanding reputation and for his plaintiff-side practice in the areas of personal injury, professional malpractice, and product liability litigation.
- Lewis S. “Mike” Eidson – General Commercial Litigation – Recognized as an experienced plaintiff-side lawyer who is highly recommended for his handling of product liability litigation, including class actions. Interviewees consider him to be “an incredibly bright lawyer.”
- Julie Braman Kane – General Commercial Litigation– Included in the directory as a Recognized Practitioner who handles notable matters and has received recommendation during the course of Chambers research.
- Roberto Martínez – General Commercial Litigation and White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations – Recognized for his broad litigation practice covering areas such as business litigation, product liability disputes and white-collar criminal defense. Market commentators agree that “from a talent point of view, he’s right at the top.”
- Curtis B. Miner – General Commercial Litigation – Described by sources as “outstanding” and “one of the best – a fabulous lawyer,” Miner is recognized as an accomplished litigator with experience of a broad array of commercial disputes, including product liability cases, mass torts and class actions.
Published by Chambers & Partners, inclusion in Chambers USA is based exclusively on research and confidential in-depth interviews with thousands of lawyers and their clients from across the country conducted by a team of independent researchers. The rankings are assessed based on technical legal ability, professional conduct, client service, commercial astuteness, diligence, commitment, and other qualities most valued by the client. The directory includes editorial comments based on market research and quotes from client interviews.
ABOUT COLSON HICKS EIDSON
The Law Firm of Colson Hicks Eidson is a trial firm with nearly 50 years of experience handling local, national and international litigation, and arbitration. Members of the firm have been involved in some of the country’s most high-profile and landmark cases resulting in impactful and precedential rulings. A mid-size firm with a diverse staff comprised of more than 50 percent women and minorities, Colson Hicks Eidson prides itself on a track record of developing future leaders within the legal profession and its civic and community involvement. Members of the firm have held notable positions serving on the boards of prominent institutions, such as the State University System of Florida and the Florida State Board of Education, and holding high-ranking offices, including President of the 60,000-member American Association for Justice; President of the International Academy of Trial Lawyers; President of the Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers; President of the Dade County Bar Association; President of the Miami-Dade Florida Association of Women Lawyers; United States Attorney for the Southern District of Florida; and Chairman of the Florida Federal Judicial Nominating Commission.