Info in Miami & Nationwide
"Colson Hicks Eidson is recognized as one of the top litigation firms in the country, handling local, national and international litigation for a wide range of clients." - Chambers USA
Colson Hicks Eidson Receives Top Tier Ranking In Litigation By Chambers Usa
Preeminent Legal Guide Ranks Colson Hicks Eidson Among Top Litigation Law Firms in Florida
Five Partners Recognized in 2019 Edition
CORAL GABLES, Fla. (Aug. 8, 2019) – Coral Gables-based Colson Hicks Eidson has once again been recognized as one of the top litigation firms in Florida, earning the highest honors – Band 1 – in commercial litigation in the 2019 edition of Chambers USA, the world’s leading legal guide that ranks and reviews lawyers and law firms. Colson Hicks Eidson is one of only eight law firms in the state of Florida to receive the Band 1 designation in the General Commercial Litigation category.
The widely-respected directory recognized Colson Hicks Eidson as “premier practice for plaintiff representation, with a deep bench of attorneys with enormous trial experience, possessing significant expertise in class action matters, including personal injury and product liability cases, especially in aviation disasters, with additional strengths in professional malpractice litigation.”
Chambers USA additionally ranked five Colson Hicks Eidson partners in its 2019 guide:
- Dean C. Colson – General Commercial Litigation – Recognized as a highly seasoned accident attorney with significant representation of plaintiffs in personal injury, product liability and commercial litigation.
- Lewis S. “Mike” Eidson – General Commercial Litigation – With over four decades of experience, Eidson is recognized for his expertise in product liability litigation, having handled many of the most high-profile defective product cases of recent years.
- Julie Braman Kane – General Commercial Litigation– Included in the directory as a Recognized Practitioner who handles notable matters and has received recommendations during the course of chamber’s research.
- Roberto Martínez – General Commercial Litigation and White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations – Martínez is acknowledged as a leader in both commercial and white-collar crime litigation, and well-versed in wrongful death, product liability and business disputes. Sources affirm: “He’s a tremendous litigator; an excellent plaintiff’s lawyer for criminal investigations and product liability cases.”
- Curtis B. Miner – General Commercial Litigation – Miner’s admired commercial litigation and investigations practice includes the representation of both businesses and individuals in product liability claims, mass torts and class actions.
Published by Chambers & Partners, inclusion in Chambers USA is based exclusively on research and confidential in-depth interviews with thousands of lawyers and their clients from across the country conducted by a team of independent researchers. The rankings are assessed based on technical legal ability, professional conduct, client service, commercial astuteness, diligence, commitment, and other qualities most valued by the client. The directory includes editorial comments based on market research and quotes from client interviews.
# # #
ABOUT COLSON HICKS EIDSON
The Law Firm of Colson Hicks Eidson is a trial firm with more than 50 years of experience handling local, national and international litigation, and arbitration. Members of the firm have been involved in some of the country’s most high-profile and landmark cases resulting in impactful and precedential rulings. A mid-size firm with a diverse staff comprised of more than 50 percent women and minorities, Colson Hicks Eidson prides itself on a track record of developing future leaders within the legal profession and its civic and community involvement. Members of the firm have held notable positions serving on the boards of prominent institutions, such as the State University System of Florida and the Florida State Board of Education, and holding high-ranking offices, including President of the 60,000-member American Association for Justice; President of the International Academy of Trial Lawyers; President of the Dade County Bar Association; President of the Miami-Dade Florida Association of Women Lawyers; United States Attorney for the Southern District of Florida; and Chairman of the Florida Federal Judicial Nominating Commission.