Info in Miami & Nationwide
"Colson Hicks Eidson is recognized as one of the top litigation firms in the country, handling local, national and international litigation for a wide range of clients." - Chambers USA
Is My Employer Required to Provide Me with Fall Protection?
At 36.9 percent, falls were the leading cause of fatal construction accidents in 2013, according to the United States Department of Labor.
Unfortunately, a Watersound, Florida company has been failing to protect its workers from fall protection, resulting in $70,000 in penalties. The penalties were the result of five safety violations handed down by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) following an inspection in August.
The five citations handed down by OSHA included:
- A willful citation for allowing workers to use ladder jack scaffolds without fall protection
- A repeat citation for allowing workers to use a pneumatic nail gun without safety glasses
- A serious citation for allowing workers to use scaffolds without wearing hard hats
- A serious citation for failing to make sure a first aid kit was available at the worksite
- A serious citation for allowing employees to be exposed to shock and burn hazards
What Should I Do If I’m Hurt in a Construction Accident?
If you were hurt or a loved one was killed in a construction accident caused by an employer, co-worker or third party’s negligence, you may be able to recover compensation for pain and suffering, hospital bills and funeral expenses through a civil lawsuit.
To learn more about what you should do if you are seriously injured in a construction accident, watch the video below or give us a call today.
Colson Hicks Eidson – Injury Attorneys