Personal Injury Lawyer Blog Providing
Info in Miami & Nationwide

"Colson Hicks Eidson is recognized as one of the top litigation firms in the country, handling local, national and international litigation for a wide range of clients." - Chambers USA


If You Were Exposed To Water At Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune In North Carolina, Submit Your Information By Clicking Here. Or Contact Us At: 305-476-7400

What Options Do Victims Have If a Car Crashes into a Building?

January 18, 2018
Colson Hicks Eidson

What are people supposed to do when a car crashes into a building while they are there? Recently, several customers at a Dunkin’ Donuts in Miami were faced with that question after a car crashed into the donut shop. Per WTVJ-TV, the wreck happened on Flagler Street around 11 am on a Monday. Reportedly, six people inside the Dunkin’ Donuts were injured in the accident, which ended with the vehicle completely inside the building.

All six of the people injured were customers. The driver, an older woman, was not hurt in the wreck. Witnesses reported that it appeared she hit the gas instead of the brake by mistake. However, as of this writing, authorities were still investigating the incident and it had not yet been determined if the driver would face charges for the crash.

Should Car Crash Victims Speak to a Lawyer Regardless of Whether the Driver at Fault Is Charged?

Even if the driver responsible for a car wreck is arrested and charged, the victims of the crash and their families should talk to an injury lawyer as soon as possible following the accident. A criminal conviction does not help injury victims and their families with medical expenses and the cost of property damage they could face after the wreck.

However, a personal injury lawsuit can provide victims and their families with the financial help they need to cover hospital bills, rehabilitation expenses, loss of income if victims cannot work due to injury and funeral costs. In addition, victims do not have to wait until the criminal case is concluded to file an injury claim.