Meet Litigation Attorney Curtis B. Miner
Partner at Colson Hicks Eidson
A skilled tactician in the courtroom, litigation attorney Curtis B. Miner has been representing clients in all forms of civil litigation and white collar criminal defense for over 15 years.
Curt offers extensive experience in commercial litigation and federal criminal litigation, representing businesses and individuals in matters ranging from governmental and internal investigations to securities and financial frauds.
A true trial attorney, Curt has tried over two dozen cases to jury verdicts as a prosecutor, defense attorney and civil litigator, earning the respect of his peers and adversaries through his aggressive trial work.
Fighting Corruption as an Assistant US Attorney
Prior to joining our team of litigation attorneys as a partner in 2004, Curt spent five years as an Assistant United States Attorney in the Southern District of Florida in the Major Crimes, National Security and Public Corruption Sections taking on high profile cases, including one of the largest police corruption scandals in the history of the City of Miami. The American Lawyer magazine featured Curt as one of the top young federal prosecutors in the country. Curt also spent five years as a civil litigator for law firms in New York City and continues to be a practicing member of the New York Bar.
At Colson Hicks Eidson, Curt is one of two lawyers skilled at representing clients in government investigations, internal investigation and white collar criminal defense, but Curt remains a generalist, and his practice includes all forms of commercial litigation, as well as work on complex product liability cases, mass torts and class action litigation. Respected for his professionalism, Curt has amassed many honors and awards throughout his legal career. Most recently, Curt has been named to the 2012 edition of The Best Lawyers in America® in the areas of Commercial Litigation, Criminal Defense: White-Collar and Personal Injury Litigation; Corporate Counsel’s “Top Lawyers” for 2011; Florida Trend’s Legal Elite for 2011 in the area of Civil Trial Litigation; Florida Super Lawyers for 2011 in the area of Business Litigation; and has been dubbed “an amazing future litigation star” by Chambers USA Guide (2011).
White Collar Criminal Defense Attorney Taking Cases Nationwide
Curt graduated summa cum laude from Yale University and went on to earn his law degree from Harvard Law School, where he graduated with honors. While at Harvard, Curt had the distinction of serving as an editor of the prestigious Harvard Law Review. Curt clerked for Judge Diarmuid O’Scannlain on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
For more information about Curtis B. Miner, contact our litigation lawyers today.
Recent Honors and Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Commercial Litigation, Criminal Defense: White Collar and Personal Injury Litigation, 2012
- Corporate Counsel, Top Lawyers, 2011
- Florida Super Lawyers, Business Litigation, 2011
- Florida Trend Legal Elite, Civil Trial Litigation, 2011
- Chambers USA Guide: “Curtis Miner is widely respected and has been dubbed ‘an amazing future litigation star’,” 2011
- The Daily Business Review, Most Effective Lawyers, Bankruptcy/Receivership, 2009
Past Employment Positions
- Assistant United States Attorney, Southern District of Florida, 1999-2004
- Boies & Schiller, New York, 1998-1999
- Lankler Siffert & Wohl, New York, 1995-1998
- Judge Diarmuid O’Scannlain, U.S. Court of Appeals Ninth Circuit, Clerk, 1994-1995