Meet Trial Attorney Francisco R. Maderal
Partner at Colson Hicks Eidson
“A lawyer who is always prepared for a trial is always in the strongest position for his clients”
For over a decade, trial attorney Francisco R. Maderal has successfully handled important and complex cases for his clients. Frank joined our firm in 2011 and handled all forms of litigation, including multi-district litigation, product liability, wrongful death and personal injury, financial frauds, and constitutional and civil rights claims. Frank has successfully tried numerous cases to verdict.
Frank dedicated six years to public service as an Assistant United States Attorney for the Southern District of Florida where he fought for justice as a federal prosecutor.
Trial Attorney Representing Clients Nationwide
As a trial attorney at Colson Hicks Eidson, Frank has represented clients in complex financial frauds, wrongful death and catastrophic personal injury lawsuits, and in nationwide multi-district and class action litigations.
Frank has also represented voters, municipalities and public officials in civic and public interest lawsuits across the state in both State and Federal Court. In addition, Frank handles complex commercial litigations.
Fighting Fraud and Corruption as an Assistant United States Attorney
Frank spent six years as an Assistant United States Attorney in the Southern District of Florida taking on high profile cases, including as lead prosecutor in some of the largest money laundering prosecutions in the history of Miami.
Frank led complex investigations and prosecutions against individuals and corporations for corruption, Ponzi schemes, fraud, money laundering, foreign bribery, computer fraud, and Bank Secrecy Act violations. Frank successfully tried federal jury trials as lead prosecutor and successfully argued before the United States Court of Appeals. Frank also lectured federal law enforcement agencies on cyber-crime and complex money laundering investigations.
Frank graduated from the University of Florida and went on to earn his law degree from the Georgetown University Law Center. While at Georgetown University Law Center, Frank served as executive editor of the Georgetown Journal of Legal Ethics. Frank clerked for United States District Judge Ursula Ungaro of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
For more information about Frank, contact our trial attorneys today.
In the News
- “Francisco Maderal Returns to Colson Hicks From US Attorney’s Office,” Daily Business Review
- “Former Assistant U.S. Attorney Rejoins Colson Hicks,” Law 360
- “Woman Accused of Ripping Off Cuban Immigrants in Ponzi Scheme,” Miami Herald
- “U.S. Company at Center of Gold Racket Must Pay $15 Million,” Miami Herald
- “Former Julius Baer Executive Pleads Guilty to Money Laundering Conspiracy,” Wall Street Journal
- “Gold Company Manager Charged in Vast Peruvian Smuggling Plot,” Bloomberg
- “How Drug Lords Make Billions Smuggling Gold to Miami,” Miami Herald
- “Why Digital Education Could be a Double-Edged Sword,” PBS News Hour