Florida Banking and Financial Litigation Attorneys
Banking and financial business matters can often become complex and lead to disputes. When you are struggling with a financial or banking matter and are unsure where to turn for help, reach out to our experienced Florida banking and financial litigation attorneys at Colson Hicks Eidson for help.
We can help you explore your legal options for financial recovery so you can obtain a favorable outcome in your case. Contact our office today for a confidential case evaluation and find out what your next steps may be.
Why Choose Our Financial and Banking Litigation Lawyers?
The litigation attorneys at the firm Colson Hicks Eidson represent clients in banking and finance law from massive corporations to local entrepreneurs. Our finance lawyers are able to work on a national and international scale.
A deep understanding of not only the needs of our clients—but of the realities of an ever-changing market—reinforces the quality of our work. Over the years we have earned verdicts and settlements like a $9 million award against a “Big 4” accounting firm for failure to provide competent services, and a recovery of over $120 million against a company who perpetuated one of the biggest Ponzi schemes in history.
Types of Banking and Financial Litigation Issues in Florida
Banking and financial litigation issues across Florida can take many forms. Some of the more common types of issues involve banking litigation, acquisition finance, banking operations litigation, construction finance, consumer fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, lender liability, and trust claims.
Here is more about what you can expect if you are dealing with any of these types of financial and banking litigation matters. If you are dealing with another type of banking or financial litigation issue not listed on this page, be sure to contact our office to discuss the specific details of your case further.
Highly knowledgeable regarding regulatory requirements in the banking industry, Colson Hicks Eidson applies real-world acumen to our nation’s constantly changing financial markets.
Some of the banking and financial litigation areas in which our attorneys practice include:
- Acquisition finance. This is funding obtained by one business in order to buy another business. There are many ways to do this. The most common way is a traditional loan or a credit line. Generally this debt is repaid with shares, or a minority interest, in the acquired company.
- Banking operations litigation. Banking operations simply refers to the business performed by a bank in its day-to-day operations. There are four primary types of banks: retail, business, private and investment. Our banking operations lawyers can handle legal needs for any of them.
- Governance, risk management and compliance. Also called GRC, or “corporate governance,” this is a relatively recent legal concept. GRC refers to a company’s approach to meeting high standards and ensuring they follow ethical guidelines.
- Construction finance. This term refers to the method borrowers use to cover the costs of having a building constructed, rather than purchasing an already-existing property.
- Consumer fraud. If a consumer is overcharged for products or services in banking and finance or is hit with hidden charges through deceptive business practices, our consumer fraud attorneys assist consumers in filing a claim and recouping damages.
- Fraud or breach of fiduciary duties. A fiduciary is a legally authorized person who holds assets in trust for another person. When a fiduciary breaches this trust or engages in fraud, then the victim can pursue a lawsuit.
- Lender liability. This is a general rule that says a bank may be liable for a borrower’s financial losses if those losses are either directly or indirectly related to the bank’s actions. This is regardless of whether the bank’s actions are intentional or inadvertent.
- Trust claims. A trust account has an administrator that manages the funds for the benefit of one or more beneficiaries. Our firm can help deal with any claims you may then have relating to trust administration or breach of fiduciary duty.
How to Recover the Compensation You Deserve
If you hope to obtain a favorable outcome in your case, you may need me to be prepared to pursue multiple avenues of financial recovery. In many cases, you will start off with mediation. Here, both parties will attempt to resolve the banking or financial dispute in the presence of a mediator. However, when mediation proves unsuccessful, you may have several legal options available to you.
First, your case could be heard by an arbitrator. Arbitrator decisions are legally binding and final. However, despite the fact that they are not eligible for appeal, arbitration is often an attractive option for individuals who are looking to settle their claim and collect the compensation they need in a more timely manner.
If arbitration is not a good fit for your banking or financial litigation issue, bringing your case to court may be the best way to recover the compensation you are entitled to. Having your kings hurt by a judge and jury could increase the chances of recovering total restitution for your damages. However, bringing your case to court could mean a lengthy litigation process and even longer before you are awarded the compensation you deserve.
Get Help From a Financial and Banking Litigation Attorney in Florida
Banking and financial litigation issues can give even the most experienced entrepreneur or consumer a serious headache. Get help navigating the claims process and recover the compensation you are entitled to when you contact a dedicated Florida banking and financial litigation attorney at Colson Hicks Eidson. Schedule your confidential case evaluation today when you fill out our convenient contact form or call our office at 305-476-7400.