Banking and Financial Litigation
Finance Lawyers with a Breadth of Experience
The litigation attorneys at the firm Colson Hicks Eidson represent clients in banking and finance law from massive corporations to local entrepreneurs. Our finance lawyers are able to work on a national and international scale.
A deep understanding of not only the needs of our clients—but of the realities of an ever-changing market—reinforces the quality of our work. Over the years we have earned verdicts and settlements like a $9 million award against a “Big 4” accounting firm for failure to provide competent services, and a recovery of over $120 million against a company who perpetuated one of the biggest Ponzi schemes in history.
Leading Finance Lawyer for Businesses and Consumers
Highly knowledgeable regarding regulatory requirements in the banking industry, Colson Hicks Eidson applies real-world acumen to our nation’s constantly changing financial markets.
Some of the banking and financial litigation areas in which our attorneys practice include:
- Acquisition finance. This is funding obtained by one business in order to buy another business. There are many ways to do this. The most common way is a traditional loan or a credit line. Generally this debt is repaid with shares, or a minority interest, in the acquired company.
- Banking operations litigation. Banking operations simply refers to the business performed by a bank in its day-to-day operations. There are four primary types of banks: retail, business, private and investment. Our banking operations lawyers can handle legal needs for any of them.
- Governance, risk management and compliance. Also called GRC, or “corporate governance,” this is a relatively recent legal concept. GRC refers to a company’s approach to meeting high standards and ensuring they follow ethical guidelines.
- Construction finance. This term refers to the method borrowers use to cover the costs of having a building constructed, rather than purchasing an already-existing property.
- Consumer fraud. If a consumer is overcharged for products or services in banking and finance or is hit with hidden charges through deceptive business practices, our consumer fraud attorneys assist consumers in filing a claim and recouping damages.
- Fraud or breach of fiduciary duties. A fiduciary is a legally authorized person who holds assets in trust for another person. When a fiduciary breaches this trust or engages in fraud, then the victim can pursue a lawsuit.
- Lender liability. This is a general rule that says a bank may be liable for a borrower’s financial losses if those losses are either directly or indirectly related to the bank’s actions. This is regardless of whether the bank’s actions are intentional or inadvertent.
- Trust claims. A trust account has an administrator that manages the funds for the benefit of one or more beneficiaries. Our firm can help deal with any claims you may then have relating to trust administration or breach of fiduciary duty.
Find a Banking and Finance Lawyer Today
Our experience and understanding speaks for itself. To learn how we can assist you, then call us today. You can also submit a form to schedule a consultation with our banking and financial litigation attorneys. We have an office in Florida, and we assist clients nationwide.