Premises Liability Law
Florida Premises Liability Lawyers Represent People Harmed on Business Property
Premises liability is the legal concept where the owner of property is ultimately responsible for any injuries suffered by people on those premises due to negligence. Although residential homeowners are liable for their properties, business owners have an even higher standard of care owed to customers. This is because a business specifically invites people onto the property for its own monetary benefit.
Colson Hicks Eidson has enjoyed tremendous success representing a wide range of clients, and our personal injury lawyers have secured hundreds of millions of dollars over the decades. As we are located near Miami, a popular tourist destination, we have significant experience regarding Florida premises liability cases involving hotels and resorts as well as cruise ship accidents. However, we have the resources and experience needed to successfully handle premises liability injury claims nationwide.
Do I Have a Premises Liability Case?
Premises liability will arise when a person is injured on another’s property due to negligence. The following scenarios are common types of premises liability cases, although this list is not exhaustive:
- Slip and fall accident due to a hazardous condition on the floor:
- Spills on the floor
- Debris or merchandise blocking the walkways
- Unmarked wet floors from cleaning
- Lack of handrails or guardrails
- Unlevel flooring caused by damage
- Injury or assault due to negligent security:
- Failure to provide adequate security personnel
- Lack of sufficient lighting
- Lack of locks on doors or windows
- Harm from a defect on the property:
- Cracks in the sidewalk of which the owner is responsible
- Faulty electrical work resulting in electrocution
- Furniture collapse in hotels or cruise ships
- Drowning or is harm at a swimming pool:
- Failure to fence the pool in accordance with the law
- Lack of lifeguards and supervision
- Lack of pool maintenance causing injury
Find a Premises Liability Lawyer No Matter Where You Live
If you have been injured on someone else’s property due to their negligence, even if a third party was involved, you can rest assured the Florida premises liability lawyers at Colson Hicks Eidson have the experience needed to represent you in court.