Premises Liability Law
Premises Liability Lawyers Representing People Harmed on Business Property
Premises liability is the legal concept where the owner of property is ultimately responsible for any injuries suffered by people on those premises due to negligence. Although residential homeowners are liable for their properties, business owners have an even higher standard of care owed to customers. This is because a business specifically invites people onto the property for its own monetary benefit.
Colson Hicks Eidson has enjoyed tremendous success representing a wide range of clients, and our personal injury lawyers have secured hundreds of millions of dollars over the decades. As we are located near Miami, a popular tourist destination, we have significant experience regarding Florida premises liability cases involving hotels, resorts and cruise ships in particular. However, we have the resources and experience needed to successfully handle premises liability injury claim nationwide.
Do I Have a Premises Liability Case?
Premises liability will arise when a person is injured on another’s property due to negligence. The following scenarios are common types of premises liability cases, although this list is not exhaustive:
- A slip and fall accident due to a hazardous condition on the floor:
- Spills on the floor not cleaned up
- Debris or merchandise blocking the walkways
- Wet floors from cleaning not clearly marked
- Lack of handrails or guardrails
- Damage to flooring causing it to be unlevel
- A person is injured or assaulted due to negligent security:
- Failure to provide adequate security personnel
- Lack of sufficient lighting or lack of locks on doors or windows
- A person is harmed from a defect on the property:
- Cracks in the sidewalk of which the owner is responsible
- Faulty electrical work resulting in electrocution
- Furniture collapse in hotels or cruise ships
- A person drowns or is harmed at a swimming pool:
- Failure to fence the pool in accordance with the law
- Lack of lifeguards and supervision
- Lack of pool maintenance causing injury
Find a Premises Liability Lawyer No Matter Where You Live
If you have ever been injured on someone else’s property due to their carelessness or negligence, even if a third party was involved, you can rest assured the premises liability attorneys in Florida at Colson Hicks Eidson have the experience needed to represent you in court.
Call (305) 476-7400 or submit a form to schedule a consultation with our injury attorneys today.