Florida Slip and Fall Accident Attorney
Slip and fall accidents can happen virtually anywhere. Premises liability laws require that property owners and managers take reasonable steps to guard against these accidents.
Perhaps you’ve been injured in a Florida slip and fall accident because a property owner was negligent. Contact a Florida slip and fall accident attorney at Colson Hicks Eidson if so. If you have a valid case, we’re prepared to help you recover financial compensation for losses associated with your accident, such as medical bills.
Important Information About Slip and Fall Accidents in Florida
A slip and fall accident can result in serious injury. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, one out of five falling accidents in the US will result in some form of serious injury, such as head trauma or broken bones. More than 800,000 people a year are hospitalized for injuries resulting from falling accidents in our country, and approximately three million older adults receive emergency medical care for falling accident injuries annually.
Florida Slip and Falls: Potential Causes
Slip and fall accidents occur for many reasons. Sometimes, they are the result of a property owner’s negligence.
Examples of ways a property owner or manager could negligently put someone at risk of being harmed in a slip and fall accident include:
- A supermarket employee mops a floor but forgets to put up a sign letting customers know it’s wet
- A property owner doesn’t install adequate outdoor lighting in their parking lot, making it difficult or impossible for guests to see certain obstructions when walking at night
- A property owner doesn’t address broken or loose flooring in a timely manner
It’s not always clear if a slip and fall accident is the result of carelessness. If you’ve been harmed in such an accident, and you’re wondering whether you have grounds to take legal action, review your case with the experts at a Florida slip and fall accident law firm for more information.
How a Florida Slip and Fall Accident Attorney Helps
If your accident did result from negligence, you can seek compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and related losses. Doing so typically involves filing a claim to collect from the insurance of the careless party who allowed your accident to happen.
Strongly consider hiring an attorney before filing a claim. A Florida slip and fall accident lawyer can help by:
- Conducting an investigation to identify the liable party
- Gathering evidence proving you were harmed as a result of negligence
- Accounting for your losses to estimate your claim’s value
- Filing a claim
- Negotiating for a proper settlement if the insurance company’s first offer is unreasonably low
- Answering your questions and allowing you to focus on your recovery
Contact a Florida Slip and Fall Accident Attorney
At Colson Hicks Eidson, our Florida slip and fall accident lawyers are on hand to help you seek compensation if you were injured because a property owner failed to eliminate or warn you about a hazard. Learn more about how we can help by contacting us online or calling us at 305-476-7400.
- Appellate Practice
- Arbitration ADR
- Aviation Crash Caused by Defective Parts
- Class Action Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Defects Lawyer
- Cruise Ship Accidents
- Defective Auto Components
- Environmental Litigation
- Bad Faith Insurance
- Maritime and Admiralty Law
- Personal Injury
- Pharmaceutical Litigation
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Resort and Hotel Premises Liability
- White Collar Criminal Defense