Our Personal Injury Lawyers’ Practice Areas
"Colson Hicks Eidson is recognized as one of the top litigation firms in the country, handling local, national and international litigation for a wide range of clients." - Chambers USA
What will a personal injury lawyer do for your case?
A personal injury attorney is going to be your advocate, the person standing by your side to ensure that you are not taken advantage of by aggressive insurance carriers, negligent companies, or careless individuals. At Colson Hicks Eidson, our personal injury attorneys take cases in Florida and throughout the United States. Our personal injury lawyers:
- Will have the resources necessary to conduct a complete investigation into your claim. This includes uncovering any video surveillance or photographic evidence, speaking to eyewitnesses, obtaining accident and police reports, and more.
- Will ensure their client is evaluated by a trusted medical professional who will determine the extent of their injuries and help calculate the total expected medical costs.
- Will hire expert witnesses to evaluate the case and prepare to give testimony on the client’s behalf.
- Will handle all negotiations with other parties involved to ensure a fair settlement is reached.
- Will prepare a personal injury case for trial to obtain maximum compensation for your injuries.
The personal injury attorneys at Colson Hicks Eidson are bringing a network of experts and extensive resources to your side to level the playing field against the opposing parties.
How much does a personal injury lawyer cost?
At Colson Hicks Eidson, we recognize that victims of personal injuries in Florida and elsewhere across the country are often placed into precarious financial situations. This is usually due to dealing with regular household expenses as well as incoming medical bills while also handling a loss of income because of the injury. That is why our personal injury attorneys in Florida take these cases on a contingency fee basis.
This means that our clients do not pay any upfront or out-of-pocket costs for their case, and they only pay legal fees if we secure the compensation they need through a settlement or verdict. We work with this contingency fee arrangement because we believe that injury victims should have the resources available to them to stand up to those who cause them harm.
What kind of compensation is available in a personal injury case?
If you or somebody you love has been injured due to the careless or negligent actions of another person, company, or entity, there may be various types of compensation available for your claim. At Colson Hicks Eidson, our competent and experienced team is regularly able to help personal injury victims recover the following types of economic and non-economic damages:
- Coverage of all medical bills related to the injury
- Any future medical bills caused by the injury
- Lost income if a victim cannot work while they recover
- Loss of future earnings or future earning potential in cases of disability
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of personal enjoyment damages
- Possible punitive damages against a grossly negligent party
The total amount of compensation available for these claims will vary depending on specific factors related to each particular case. This can include the severity of the injuries, whether there was any shared fault, the amount of a victim’s pain and suffering, and more.
Our litigation and personal injury lawyers have secured hundreds of millions of dollars for our clients in the following practice areas:
- Appellate Practice
- Arbitration ADR
- Aviation Crash Caused by Defective Parts
- Class Action Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Defects Lawyer
- Cruise Ship Accidents
- Defective Auto Components
- Environmental Litigation
- Bad Faith Insurance
- Maritime and Admiralty Law
- Personal Injury
- Pharmaceutical Litigation
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Resort and Hotel Premises Liability
- White Collar Criminal Defense
Our personal injury lawyers take pride in representing clients in cases involving everything from complex litigation that spans several years to local vehicle accidents. When we accept a case, we are committed to pursuing a favorable resolution regardless of the complexity of the case, no matter how long it takes. Contact our law firm to ask one of our accident attorneys can assist you. We have an office in Florida; however, we handle cases nationwide and internationally.