Info in Miami & Nationwide
"Colson Hicks Eidson is recognized as one of the top litigation firms in the country, handling local, national and international litigation for a wide range of clients." - Chambers USA
That Car Tailgating You Could be a Drunk Driver
A driver tailgating you might at first glance appear to be an aggressive driver. However, there are other behaviors to look for that might indicate that the driver is intoxicated. Every one minute someone in the United States suffers injuries in an alcohol-related car accident, according to the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA). Recognizing a drunken driver and knowing what to do might help better that statistic.
Some signs of a drunken driver behind the wheel include:
- The car is tailgating you or quickly accelerating or decelerating
- Driving noticeably slower than the posted speed limit
- Swerving or crossing lanes of traffic
- Driving with its headlights off at night
- Failing to use turn signals
If you see a vehicle exhibiting any of the above, never try to pull the vehicle over yourself. Instead, exercise caution and do the following:
- Steer clear from the vehicle as much as possible
- If you can, take note of the car’s license plate number
- Get a description of the vehicle for police including the make and model
- Pull your car over and call 9-1-1
Have you witnesses a vehicle showing any of the above signs of a drunken driver?