How Do I Afford Medical Bills After a Plane Crash?

"Colson Hicks Eidson is recognized as one of the top litigation firms in the country, handling local, national and international litigation for a wide range of clients." - Chambers USA

February 6, 2017
Colson Hicks Eidson

After an airplane accident, a person who survived the crash will likely be left with increasing medical bills and ongoing expenses. In this video, our aviation accident lawyer explains that his firm’s attorneys often negotiate liens and advances from the airlines to pay medical bills and costs while the litigation is pending. At the conclusion of the case, any money given to pay these expenses will be credited against the settlement or verdict.Our aviation attorneys have a great deal of experience pursuing cases on behalf of individuals and families after an accident causes injury or death. We have recovered for our clients based not only under negligence law, but also in products liability against major commercial airplane manufacturers, including Boeing, McDonnel Douglas and Airbus.

Video Transcription

If you’ve been the victim of an aviation accident and you’ve suffered serious injuries that require ongoing medical treatment or physical therapy and you’re not able to work, the most immediate concern you have may be, how am I going to support myself? How am I going to pay these medical bills? I need to continue with this treatment. How am I going to be able to afford it? And often times in these cases, particularly cases where it’s a clear case that the airline is going to be responsible because it’s pilot error. Negotiations can be had with the airline, with its insured, have them cover the medical bills directly. Have the doctors and physical therapists and other medical providers submit their bills directly to the airline. We’ve done that in a number of cases in the past. And also advances can be obtained from the airline. In others words, it’s almost like a loan form the airline to help you with your immediate needs with the understanding that any settlement or judgement or recovery at the end of the day, that amount will be deducted. For more information, call Colson Hicks Eidson at 305-476-7400, or visit our website,