Can OSHA Help with a Work Injury?

"Colson Hicks Eidson is recognized as one of the top litigation firms in the country, handling local, national and international litigation for a wide range of clients." - Chambers USA

April 13, 2015
Colson Hicks Eidson

Workers’ Compensation Attorney Patrick Montoya Describes OSHA

If you sustain a work injury, OSHA is not the first organization that you should contact. While OSHA provides regulation to prevent and respond to construction accidents and deaths on construction sites, they cannot help with your immediate circumstances. As workers’ compensation lawyer Patrick Montoya discusses in this video, you should contact a law firm with experience handling construction accidents and injuries to find out how you can cover your expenses and hold negligent parties accountable for the harm they caused.

Video Transcription:

OSHA is the Occupational Safety and Health Administration. OSHA often oversees many construction sites. OSHA investigators are particularly important when you have a worker’s injury. We work hand-in-hand with OSHA, and in their investigations, but OSHA has limited authority and a limited reach. It’s very important if you’re injured on the job to contact a lawyer so that we can investigate the case fully. OSHA may sanction or penalize the employer, but OSHA is not going to get compensation for you. Our recommendation is to contact a lawyer. Our consultation, there’s no charge for it, you’re able to come to us, we can investigate the charge at no cost to you to see if you have a potential claim.