What Damages are Victims Entitled to in a Truck Accident Case?

"Colson Hicks Eidson is recognized as one of the top litigation firms in the country, handling local, national and international litigation for a wide range of clients." - Chambers USA

January 13, 2016
Colson Hicks Eidson

Miami Truck Accident Lawyer Explains Economic and Noneconomic Damages

The recovery available for victims of truck accidents in south Florida includes both economic and noneconomic damages. In this video, listen to Miami truck crash lawyer Joe Kalbac explain the differences between the two.

If you would like to speak to a lawyer about your truck accident injuries, you can reach our Florida law firm at 305-476-7400 or you can fill out our online case review form.

Video Transcription:

Damages that a victim from a truck accident case can collect include noneconomic damages as well as economic damages. Noneconomic damages are pain and suffering, inconvenience, scarring, sometimes death. In the case of a death, the people that are entitled to recover their pain and suffering are the family members, the survivors, the wife if there’s a surviving spouse or any minor children are entitled to collect. So those are the noneconomic damages. The economic damages are the past medical expenses, as well as the future medical expenses. They also include lost wages in the past and the loss of earning ability in the future if the decedent or the injured person is a wage earner.

If you need more information call me, Joe Kalbac, or Colson Hicks Eidson at 305-476-7400 or you can visit our website at colson.com