What Should I Do If I Am Hit by an Uninsured or Underinsured Driver?

"Colson Hicks Eidson is recognized as one of the top litigation firms in the country, handling local, national and international litigation for a wide range of clients." - Chambers USA

December 7, 2015
Colson Hicks Eidson

Miami FL Car Accident Attorney Explains UM/UIM Insurance

If you are injured in a car accident with an uninsured or underinsured driver, the costs of your medical care will be your responsibility. In this video, Florida car accident attorney Joe Kalbac explains underinsured and uninsured motorist coverage and how your insurance policy will step in to cover yours medical bills caused by the negligence of another driver. If you have been hurt in a car accident with an uninsured or underinsured driver, call our personal injury attorneys at 305-476-7400. You can also fill out our online case review form to schedule a free consultation with an attorney at our firm near Miami or for free review over the phone today.

Video Transcription:

If you own a vehicle in the state of Florida, and you have insurance called uninsured motorists coverage, and you’re injured or killed by someone that doesn’t have insurance or has inadequate insurance, your uninsured motorist coverage through your own policy of insurance steps into that uninsured or underinsured motorist’s position and would cover you for their negligence. You should always consult with an attorney. It doesn’t cost anything. It’s free of charge. We can advise you. It doesn’t cost you anything for our advice unless we take the case. You should always contact an attorney. Trust me, insurance companies aren’t looking out for your benefits. Even your own insurance company is not looking out for you. They’re looking out for their insured or themselves. If you need more information, call me, Joe Kalbac, or Colson Hicks Eidson at 305-476-7400 or you can visit our website at Colson.com.