How Long Does Truck Accident Litigation Take?

"Colson Hicks Eidson is recognized as one of the top litigation firms in the country, handling local, national and international litigation for a wide range of clients." - Chambers USA

July 28, 2015
Colson Hicks Eidson

Our Florida Truck Accident Attorney Explains the Process and Length of Lawsuits

When pursuing a semi truck accident case, the time it takes to reach a satisfactory conclusion can vary depending on the details of the case. In this video, truck accident attorney Joseph J. Kalbac, one of the leading truck accident attorney at Colson Hicks Eidson, describes the process of investigating and litigating truck wreck cases. If you wish to pursue a case against a trucking company for truck accident injuries or the wrongful death of a loved one, our nationally-recognized Florida personal injury law firm can help. We have an office in Coral Gables, near Miami, Florida. Call our truck accident attorneys at 305-476-7400 or fill out our online case review form to schedule a free consultation.

Video Transcription:

How long does a truck accident litigation take? Well, it depends on the facts of the accident and I will tell you that every case is different. There are some cases that are just so open and shut that we’re able to do our investigation, present all our evidence, present a demand and settle the case or resolve the case in a short period of time. However, most often truck companies are big companies. These cases are big cases that involve significant injuries and damages, and the way the insurance company works is the longer they can hold onto their money, the less they’re going to pay you at the end of the day. What we do at Colson Hicks Eidson is you have to push, push, push. You have to get the case in. You have to immediately do your investigation. You have to spend the money and use up the resources to get the case ready and get it in a posture where you can either make an intelligent, respectable demand or you can get the case ready for trial, notice it for trial, get it to trial and get a jury to resolve the case. If you need more information, call me, Joe Kalbac, or Colson Hicks Eidson at 305-476-7400, or you can visit our website at