How Do I Know If a Medical Error Occurred?

"Colson Hicks Eidson is recognized as one of the top litigation firms in the country, handling local, national and international litigation for a wide range of clients." - Chambers USA

February 18, 2016
Colson Hicks Eidson

Miami Medical Negligence Attorney Explains How Liability Can Lie With Many Parties

For potential victims of medical malpractice that have a longstanding relationship with their care provider, it can be difficult to consider a lawsuit to seek damages for the medical error. Unfortunately, hospitals and their insurance companies do not allow doctors, nurses or other staff to admit mistakes, even if they wish to do so. Medical malpractice lawsuits are not suing the doctor personally. A person injured in a med mal case has the right to seek compensation for their injuries caused by preventable medical error. In this video, Miami medical malpractice attorney Joe Kalbac explains how a lawyer can still help you seek damages from other parties that may be responsible for your injury.

To speak to a Florida medical negligence attorney, you can reach our law office at 305-476-7400 or you can fill out our online form.

Video Transcription:

If you had a family physician that you’re particularly close to and you believe that a medical error occurred that resulted in damages, but you didn’t want to particularly pursue a case against that particular doctor or healthcare provider, I would advise you to allow us to investigate that case. I think that people can’t really make that determination until they find out all the facts or truly everything that happened to their particular family member or themselves. Once the investigation is completed, we will meet with our clients, we’ll go over the facts, the results of our investigation, then it’s up to you whether you want to pursue a case against that particular healthcare provider or doctor. But we can also potentially not pursue a case against that particular healthcare provider and pursue the medical negligence cases against the other healthcare providers that rendered care and treatment.

Contact our lawyers at 305-476-7400 or contact our website at for more information.