Do I Have Options Besides Workers Comp After a Construction Accident?

"Colson Hicks Eidson is recognized as one of the top litigation firms in the country, handling local, national and international litigation for a wide range of clients." - Chambers USA

February 5, 2016
Colson Hicks Eidson

Miami Construction Injury Attorney Explains Third Party Claims

Workers’ compensation provides limited recovery for workplace injuries, but having an attorney investigate a third party claim can help you receive the full benefits that you are entitled to after a personal injury due to the negligence of another. In this video, Florida construction accident attorney Patrick Montoya explains the damages available for construction injury victims.

To speak to a Miami attorney about your construction injury case, you can call us at 305-476-7400 or fill out our online case review form.

Video Transcription:

One of the difficulties with construction cases is the interplay in between workers’ compensation and the civil justice system. At Colson Hicks Eidson, we make sure to get you the highest and the best recovery possible. Many times, workers’ compensation undervalues your claim, may simply pay for medical costs and under the civil justice system, we’re able at Colson Hicks Eidson to make sure you get full recovery for your claims, which means future medical expenses, past medical expenses, past lost wages, future lost wages and future earning capacity in addition to your pain and suffering, emotional distress and mental anguish. If you’re married, you have a spouse and you’re injured, your spouse may also be able to recover for your injuries, what’s called the loss of services, support and the companionship of your loved one, so it’s very important for you investigate your claim fully.

Contact our lawyers at 305-476-7400 or contact our website at for more information.