Can You Sue A Military Hospital Because Of A Birth Injury? – Attorney Mike Eidson

"Colson Hicks Eidson is recognized as one of the top litigation firms in the country, handling local, national and international litigation for a wide range of clients." - Chambers USA

November 2, 2018
Colson Hicks Eidson

If you find that your baby has been injured due to substandard medical care, you can sue for compensation. The government can be held responsible for that. Furthermore, instead of simply suing the doctor, nurse, or technicians, you have a right to sue the military. Call Colson Hicks Eidson at 305-476-7400 for information.

Video Transcription: Let’s say that you’re pregnant and you go in to have your baby delivered, and they listen to the baby’s heartbeat and the baby’s heartbeat is diminished. And a reasonably prudent doctor, a doctor who is acting according to an acceptable standard of care would deliver the baby right then. And they don’t. They fall below an acceptable standard of care in providing the care to the mother to deliver the baby in a timely way and the baby suffers brain-damage. The government’s responsible for that. We had a case just like that, where a child was born with brain-damage because they delayed the delivery too long. And the family had to take care of the baby the rest of its life. And we brought a lawsuit against the military for the negligence of the doctor on the military base in not providing the family with acceptable care under the circumstances. It was an emergency and they didn’t provide the care that they should have provided according to the standard of care. That applies to every single doctor in that situation or every single nurse or technician in the hospital. They have exactly the same duty that anybody else does under those circumstances—any other doctor or any other nurse. And you bring the case against the government instead of bringing the case directly against the doctor, nurse, or hospital. We tried the case in front of a federal judge, and the judge awarded 60 million dollars in the case. Call Colson Hicks Eidson 305-476-7400 or go to our website for information.