What Should I Do If I Know People Who Are Cheating the Government Out of Money?

"Colson Hicks Eidson is recognized as one of the top litigation firms in the country, handling local, national and international litigation for a wide range of clients." - Chambers USA

February 16, 2015
Colson Hicks Eidson

Our Commercial Litigators Assist Those Aware of Financial Fraud

In the video below, litigation attorney Curt Miner describes the multiple ways in which businesses can wrongfully acquire large amounts of money from the state or federal government by using illegal means. These methods include overbilling for any services provided to the government as well as falsifying invoices and other documents. Our commercial litigators can help whistleblowers file qui tam lawsuits and protect their jobs when they alert the proper authorities about illegal conduct. Reach out to our firm to learn more about blowing the whistle on criminal activity.

Video Transcription:

The classic ways of cheating the government would be government contractors who are padding their invoices or overstating their invoices, and someone who works for the government contractor learns of it. Someone who’s higher up, it can be a secretary, it can be an administrative person who learns of some way in which the government is being overbilled or overcharged for services that’s inappropriate.

First thing someone who knows of wrongdoing that’s cheating the federal government, cheating a state government, they need to consult with an experienced lawyer who handles qui tam types of cases. There are certain things you’re going to need to do, it’s a fairly complex area of the law in order to present your claim, present the information that you have in the proper way. For more information call us: 305-476-7400, and go to our website: colson.com, fill out a form.