Need Litigation Alternatives?
Alternative Dispute Resolution Lawyer Handling Arbitration Methods
Doing business in today’s complex global economy requires careful planning, sound business practices and ongoing awareness. Even so, there is no guarantee to being able to avoid legal pitfalls. When business disputes arise between global corporations, it nearly always involves a combination of arbitration and litigation, often in multiple jurisdictions.
Our dispute resolution attorneys have a quarter century of experience representing clients in local, national and international arbitration proceedings. Thus, we offer clients a combination of courtroom knowledge and comprehensive understanding of domestic and international arbitration to resolve complex business and contract disputes.
Solving High Profile Disputes Outside the Courtroom
- Representing a U.S. businessman in an investment claim against an Eastern European government arising out of a failed project to build a blood plasma fractionation facility.
- A dispute between Consorcio Barr, S.A., the Venezuelan corporation that built and owns a real estate project in Caracas, and the Four Seasons Hotel chain. When our firm got involved, the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida had already entered several serious judgments against it. In addition, the International Centre for Dispute Resolution entered an extraordinary anti-suit injunction. Such extraordinary remedies have become critical strategic tools in transnational disputes. The firm’s appellate practice group handled the appeal to the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals, which vacated the anti-suit injunction.
- In 2002, the firm obtained a multi-million dollar arbitration award in Washington DC against a major international accounting firm for accounting malpractice.
- In 2001, firm members obtained a federal court judgment for $16 million confirming an arbitration award against the Miccosukee Tribe of Indians for breach of contract.
- Colson Hicks Eidson pioneered the use of arbitration to resolve the damage claims of victims of international airplane crashes using arbitration as an alternative to litigation arising from the crash of an AeroPeru flight on October 2, 1996.
Our alternative dispute resolution lawyers’ cases take them across the country and around the world to resolve complex disputes. Contact us today to find out how we can resolve your legal conflict.