Need to File a Business Tort Claim?
We are proud to hold one of the top commercial litigation practices in the country.
Business Litigation Attorneys Near Miami for Experienced Legal Help with Business Tort and Business Dispute Cases
When commercial enterprises file lawsuits, a lot is at stake for everyone involved. At Colson Hicks Eidson, not only do we understand how important a successful lawsuit is for a company, but we also have the experience and knowledge to meet the goals of our clients. Our business litigation attorneys are capable of handling a variety of business torts that cause financial damages.
With more than 40 years combined business law experience and more than a billion dollars successfully gained for all our clients, we will litigate against any party in a business or contract dispute. Our Florida business tort lawyers have a history of securing damages in cases involving governments and large corporations. We continue to challenge parties responsible for wrongful conduct that causes economic harm.
If your business financially suffered due to deceptive trade practices, bad faith or tortious interference, our business litigation attorneys can help. We will assert your right to recover compensation for economic loss. Contact our Miami law office for a consultation to discuss business tort litigation.
Florida Business Tort Lawyers with Nationwide Commercial Litigation Experience
The business lawyers of Colson Hicks Eidson are widely recognized for their success resolving business torts and providing commercial litigation services. Our business litigation attorneys have procured a number of verdicts and settlements in favor of officers, agents, brokers and employees in a variety of business tort cases.
Significant business tort cases in which our business attorneys gained substantial tort relief for clients include:
- Our Miami business law firm helped obtain a $1.5 million jury award for Florida Pathology Services. This was after Health Options, a Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida insurance plan, allegedly withheld payments to pathologists.
- The business attorneys of Colson Hicks Eidson obtained a $9 million arbitration award for clients against a “Big 4” national accounting firm. The accounting firm did not provide competent accounting services, which caused its clients to suffer significant losses.
What are Common Business Torts?
Tort law defines business torts as commercial lawsuits that typically stem from problems with business transactions or business relationships. Business tort cases, also called economic torts, most often result in economic loss rather than injury or property damage. However, these economic damages can threaten the reputation and future growth of businesses.
Our business litigation lawyers want to help you protect the future of your business. If tortious conduct in a business transaction or contract has caused financial harm, then call 305-476-7400.
Examples of Business Tort Cases
Business torts encompass a variety of wrongdoings. Our Miami commercial litigation attorneys can help if your business has fallen victim to:
- Fraudulent misrepresentation. Using a false statement to persuade another party to enter a contract that causes the party entering to suffer loss.
- Bad faith. When one party involved in a business contract intentionally violates its terms causing the other to suffer damages due to unfair dealings in bad faith.
- Deceptive trade practices. Occurs when a person or business uses any type of unethical means (fraud or deception) to obtain business, make a sale or provide a service.
- Tortious interference. Tortious interference is also called intentional interference with contractual, economic or prospective relations. It is when one party not involved in a contract acts intentionally to damage a contractual or business relationship.
- Misappropriating trade secrets or business opportunities. Tort law protects any secret technique or method that gives your business a competitive advantage. Those who then use this information without your knowledge may be accountable for damages. This may include, for example, an employee who breaches a disclosure contract.
- Breaching fiduciary relationships. Fiduciaries (such as partners or shareholders in a company) have a responsibility to act with reasonable care for the benefit of the other involved parties. However, when they breach this care, the parties who suffer damages may file a fraud claim.
- Conspiracy. Conspiracy covers a wide range of business torts. Specifically it applies when two or more individuals or businesses make an agreement to commit an illegal action or a legal action in an illegal way.
Find Business Litigation Lawyers Near Me for Business Torts
If you are considering filing a business tort lawsuit or are already involved in one, do not put yourself or your company at risk. Our business litigation lawyers in Florida will give your case the attention it deserves. We professionally handle all business tort cases confidentially and in a timely manner. We then keep you updated while working with the best interest of your business in mind.
Our Florida business attorneys can handle tort cases at trial as well as alternative business dispute resolution if you want to avoid a courtroom battle. Contact our Miami law firm office today for a free consultation. If you have questions regarding business torts, your rights under business tort law or if you feel your business may be in financial danger and you would like to file a business tort claim, we can help.