Nationally Regarded Attorneys for Complex Accident Claims Nationwide
For the past 40 years, our attorneys have made Colson Hicks Eidson one of the most respected personal injury law firms in the country. Our lawyers have served as lead counsel for many high-profile cases that have had an impact on national policies, such as the Ford-Firestone multidistrict litigation. Through our work, we have recovered successful verdicts and settlements worth tens and even hundreds of millions of dollars for our clients.
In recent years, as cell phones have become almost universal, distracted driving has emerged as a major cause of truck and car accidents. In fact, 10 percent of all fatal accidents now result from driver distraction, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). However, proving that a driver was distracted at the time of the accident can be difficult. A distracted driving accident attorney from our law firm can fully investigate your crash and help you get justice for your injuries and damages. No matter how large or complex the claim, we investigate every possibility to find who is truly responsible.
Attorneys with a Record of Success in Groundbreaking Car and Truck Accident Claims
The most common and potentially dangerous form of distracted driving is texting while driving. Texting and driving accidents involve an area of the law that is still evolving. Every state has different laws concerning distracted driving. Additionally, new technology that can be used to detect and/or prove driver distraction develops every year. If you are involved in a catastrophic car or truck accident, you need attorneys who can and will explore every possibility for proving your case.
At Colson Hicks Eidson, we pride ourselves on being trailblazers in emerging areas of the law. Partner Mike Eidson, for example, was and is a leader in pioneering car defect litigation. In recognition of his groundbreaking work, he served as national lead co-counsel for the multidistrict litigation involving Ford SUV rollovers and defective Firestone tires. Partner Curtis Miner was also appointed as co-counsel on the national multidistrict litigation for defective Takata airbags. If you need assistance on a novel or complex case like these, including distracted driving cases, contact our law firm today.
What are the Most Common Forms of Driver Distraction?
Although texting and driving is becoming more common, driver distraction can take many forms. Anything that pulls your attention away from the task of driving can potentially cause a distracted driving accident. Some of the most common forms of driver distraction include:
- Cell phone use. Texting is just one function of modern devices. You can use most cell phones to surf the internet, stream television or movies, listen to music and play games. However, doing any of these activities while driving can lead to a catastrophic car or truck accident.
- Eating and drinking. Food and beverages require drivers to take one hand off the wheel and possibly their eyes off the road. This causes slower reactions times and drivers who have less control over their vehicles.
- Talking to others in the car. Almost everyone talks when driving with passengers. However, an involved debate or animated conversation can be distracting enough to cause a crash.
- Finding directions. Reading a map while driving may be increasingly rare but programing your digital navigation system is just as distracting.
- Grooming. Activities like brushing your hair or teeth, putting on makeup or other grooming can be dangerous while driving.
Free Consultations on Complex Accident Claims with Nationally Recognized Attorneys
If you sustained serious personal injuries or lost a loved one in a distracted driving accident, contact our law firm. Our attorneys have experience investigating a wide range of car accidents, and will gather all evidence necessary to prove driver distraction for your personal injury claim. We always work hard to obtain the most compensation possible to provide for our clients’ futures.
Colson Hicks Eidson handles cases nationwide from our law offices in Miami, Florida. Contact us today to schedule your free initial consultation with a distracted driving accident attorney.