Common Causes of Auto Accidents and Injuries
Colson Hicks Eidson is recognized as one of the top litigation firms in the country, handling local, national and international litigation for a wide range of clients.
Nationally Recognized Car Accident Attorneys Explain
Colson Hicks Eidson is one of the oldest and most recognized personal injury law firms in Florida and nationwide. Our attorneys have a reputation for being innovators in their fields and for obtaining successful, multi-million dollar resolutions to high-profile cases across the country and abroad, including car accident claims. Several of our lawyers have also been appointed to serve as lead plaintiff attorneys for national multidistrict litigation, such as the recent Takata airbag multidistrict litigation.
After a car crash, you may not know exactly what caused your injuries or who is liable for your damages. This is especially true in complex cases, which may involve many vehicles, catastrophic personal injuries and even wrongful death. These kinds of car accident claims can require months of meticulous investigation by leading automotive experts. Our nationally-recognized car accident attorneys have the experience necessary to get the answers you need. We will investigate every possible cause of your crash and aggressively pursue the compensation you deserve.
Car Accident Attorneys with a Nationwide Reputation for Success
Almost all car accidents result from negligence, but finding the exact cause of a car crash can be a complex, time-consuming process. Often, more than one factor may contribute to a single accident. This means that your personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit may include several different defendants. You may even be able to file a product liability claim if auto defects contributed to the wreck. For this reason, if you have a complex claim, you need experienced car accident attorneys who can handle all aspects of your case.
At Colson Hicks Eidson, we have received recognition nationwide for our commitment to justice for personal injury victims. We also pride ourselves on influencing consumer protection policies through our work with auto defect cases. For example, partner Mike Eidson’s appointment as a lead plaintiff attorney for the nationwide Ford-Firestone multidistrict litigation has helped over 400 victims of defective tires and rollover accidents worldwide. Each of these claims settled for over $1 million, according to expert estimates, with many over $10 million.
Additionally, Mike Eidson obtained a jury verdict of $30.7 million for the victim of a permanent traumatic brain injury caused by a single-vehicle car crash. In this case, our investigation revealed that multiple design and manufacturing defects in a Ford Econoline van caused the wreck.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Car Accidents?
Our car accident attorneys have investigated, filed and litigated personal injury claims with many disparate causes and contributing factors. Some of the most common causes of car accidents our law firm has handled include:
- Auto defects. Although design and manufacturing defects are not leading causes of car accidents, they often cause the deadliest wrecks. These defects result when car companies neglect safety tests or other industry regulations.
- Driver error. Negligent, complacent and/or reckless drivers may fail to follow speed limits and other rules of the road. This can lead to catastrophic and often fatal car crashes.
- Drunk driving. Intoxication limits a driver’s ability to react to traffic and recognize potential hazards. As a result, drunk driving accidents usually lead to serious injuries and wrongful death. Additionally, these cases may be complicated by the fact that the bar or other establishment that served the alcohol may be partially to blame.
- Drowsy driving. Fatigue can cause slower reaction time and can contribute to other negligent behavior. However, although drowsy driving can be just as dangerous as drunk driving, it is often much more difficult to prove.
- Distracted driving. Texting while driving may be the most common form of distracted driving, but any activity that splits a driver’s attention can potentially lead to a serious car crash.
- Road defects. In some cases, negligence on the part of the city or government agency can cause or contribute to a car crash. If a road is in poor repair, serious car accidents are more likely.
Call for a Free Consultation with Our Noted Car Crash Attorneys
If a car accident caused your injuries or a loved one’s wrongful death, contact our personal injury law firm today. Our attorneys have decades of experience with a wide variety of different kinds of motor vehicle accidents. We fully investigate each case we take on, and we will explore every possibility in determining the cause of your accident.
We represent personal injury cases nationwide, and have law offices in Miami, Florida. Call or contact us online today to set up your free initial case review with our attorneys.