Our Personal Injury Attorneys Have Decades of Successful Experience
The attorneys at Colson Hicks Eidson are pioneers in the area of catastrophic injury litigation. We fight to obtain compensation for injured victims.
Serving Nationwide from Our Office Near Miami
Our personal injury attorneys are pioneers in the area of catastrophic personal injury litigation. Ranked among the top trial lawyers in the country, we fight aggressively to protect injured clients and their families located throughout the United States.
Our Miami personal injury attorneys will battle insurance companies that fail to provide fair coverage and compensation for personal injury. We will also do whatever it takes to hold negligent businesses or individuals responsible for the life-altering personal injuries they caused.
The accident lawyers at our personal injury law firm are consistently recognized by Super Lawyers as well as Best Lawyers in America© for their work in personal injury law and litigation. Our legal team also includes two board-certified civil trial attorneys, a former insurance company lawyer as well as a nationally recognized car defect lawyer and authority on product liability claims.
Personal Injury Law Firm Law Practice Areas
Our personal injury attorneys have obtained several multimillion-dollar personal injury verdicts and settlements in individual, class action lawsuits, and multidistrict litigation. These involved serious personal injury in product liability, car accidents, trucking accidents, and medical negligence cases. With every lawsuit we handle, our lawyers explore every option to then gain the maximum amount of recovery our clients are entitled to. These accidents may include:
Most common injuries we help our clients secure compensation for
At Colson Hicks Eidson, we have an extensive history of helping clients who have sustained a variety of injuries. Our personal injury lawyers regularly help clients who have sustained the following:
- Spinal cord trauma with paralysis
- Other severe neck or back injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Open head wounds
- Broken and dislocated bones
- Internal organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- Amputation injuries
- Crush injuries
- Severe lacerations or puncture wounds
In addition to these visible traumatic injuries, our team also helps clients who have sustained significant emotional and psychological harm in the aftermath of an accident and their physical injuries. Emotional and psychological trauma, though not as visible as physical traumatic injuries, can have a devastating impact on a victim’s ability to live their daily lives.
How long do injury victims have to file a lawsuit?
Each state is responsible for setting time limits for how long injury victims have to file lawsuits against alleged negligent parties in their case. In most states, the statute of limitations is set at two to three years after an injury occurs. However, when we turn to Florida Statute § 95.11(3)(a), we can see that The Florida personal injury statute of limitations is four years from the date an accident occurs. This means that victims have a four-year window with which to file a lawsuit, or they will lose the ability to recover compensation for their losses.
At Colson Hicks Eidson, our personal injury lawyers proudly serve Florida residents as well as clients throughout the United States. Therefore, we have a thorough understanding of the statute of limitations in all jurisdictions throughout the country. If you have any questions about the deadlines related to your specific personal injury matter, please contact one of our attorneys for a free consultation of your case today.
What type of compensation is available for a personal injury claim?
If you or somebody you care about has sustained an injury caused by the careless, negligent, or intentional actions of another person, there may be various types of compensation available for your claim. At Colson Hicks Eidson, our nationally recognized personal injury team is regularly able to help clients recover the following types of compensation:
- Full coverage of emergency and ongoing medical expenses
- Lost income if a victim cannot work while they recover
- Loss of future earnings in cases of partial or total disability
- Any household out-of-pocket expenses a victim incurs
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of personal enjoyment damages
- Possible punitive damages against a grossly negligent party
The total amount of compensation available in the aftermath of a personal injury case will vary depending on various factors related to each claim. Our attorneys will conduct an extensive investigation into your case so we can secure any compensation you are entitled to.
Personal Injury Settlement and Verdict Client Success Stories
- $65 Million Bus Shelter Electrocution Verdict. In 2005, a Miami jury awarded a $65.1 million verdict on behalf of our client against Eller Media Company. This was for the electrocution death of a 12-year-old boy. Our Miami personal injury law firm represented the family and presented the case to the jury. The jury then found that the boy’s death was caused by Eller Media employees’ poor electrical work at a Miami bus shelter. The jury awarded both compensatory and punitive damages against Eller Media.
- $11 Million Truck Insurance Policy Limits Settlement. Our personal injury law firm had an $11 million policy limits settlement in 2007. It involved a gas tanker truck explosion case that killed a husband and wife, leaving two college-age children without parents. The gas tanker truck was traveling at a high rate of speed with 9,000 gallons of fuel when it lost control on highway 595 in Broward County.
- Million Dollar Verdict against Cruise Line. In November 2011, our cruise injury lawyers secured a million dollar jury verdict against Celebrity Cruises. This was for a crewmember who underwent unnecessary surgery to insert a pacemaker. Celebrity Cruises flew the 31-year old cruise line chef to Santo Domingo after he experienced headaches and pain to his face while working on a Celebrity cruise ship. Following the unnecessary surgery, the crewmember suffered debilitating injuries and had to then use a walker. A Miami jury found the cruise line negligent in its care and treatment of its employee and, thus, awarded the $1 million verdicts.
- Asbestos Lawsuit. Our personal injury law firm successfully represented the Miami-Dade County School Board as well as the University of Miami in seeking compensation for millions of dollars spent removing asbestos from buildings.
Find Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys Near Me
For more information about our work, contact a personal injury attorney for a free consultation. Our accident lawyers have law offices in Florida. However, wherever personal injury victims and their families need experienced legal support, we want to help.