Harmed by Medical Negligence?
Colson Hicks Eidson is recognized as one of the top litigation firms in the country, handling local, national and international litigation for a wide range of clients.
Florida Medical Malpractice Attorney Team for Doctor and Hospital Negligence Cases Nationwide
As a leading litigation law firm in Florida that has received national recognition for its work on behalf of personal injury victims, Colson Hicks Eidson is dedicated to protecting the rights of those affected by negligence. This includes our Florida medical malpractice attorney team providing experienced legal representation to those hurt by the actions or inactions of medical professionals and hospitals as well as families grieving the wrongful death of their loved ones after fatal medical negligence injuries.
Malpractice Lawyers on Common Types of Medical Negligence
Medical negligence, also called medical malpractice, happens when hospitals, medical professionals or their staff act carelessly and fail to follow standard procedures when providing medical care. This may occur during the following situations:
- Delaying or failing to treat or diagnose – When medical professionals fail to diagnose a serious condition, such as a failure to diagnose cancer, you and your family may be able to seek compensation for this negligence. You may also suffer injuries when hospitals fail to treat a correct diagnosis with urgency. Even the slightest delay in treatment can result in life-altering injuries to you or someone you love.
- Surgical mistakes – A number of complications can arise when medical professionals act carelessly during surgery. Common surgical mistakes and surgery errors include leaving surgical instruments inside the body, puncturing organs, anesthesia errors and even performing the wrong type of surgery on the wrong part of the body.
- Emergency Room negligence – Sometimes in the busy and hectic atmospheres of emergency rooms, individuals can suffer serious injuries due to a lack of monitoring or other severe acts of medical negligence.
- Failing to obtain consent – Only in extreme, emergency situations may it be appropriate for medical professionals to act without first obtaining consent. In most situations, however, hospitals must use the proper protocols to gain consent before performing any medical procedures on patients.
- Birth injuries – Devastating medical conditions can result when medical professionals are negligent during the birth of a child. Some types of birth trauma can result in permanent injuries, including traumatic brain injuries, lack of oxygen during birth or injuries to the brachial plexus, which may also lead to a child receiving a diagnosis of cerebral palsy or Erb’s palsy.
- Prescription medication errors – Each year, many individuals suffer fatal drug injuries from medication errors. Hospitals, health care providers, nursing homes and pharmacies may be at fault for wrongfully administering or prescribing medications.
- Fatal medical mistakes – When fatal medical mistakes cause the death of someone you love, you and your family may be entitled to seek damages from the medical professional who acted negligently.
Florida Medical Malpractice Attorney Will Protect Your Legal Rights after Suffering Severe Personal Injuries
We fight to gain the largest recovery amounts available under the law for our clients, and have experience securing multimillion-dollar verdicts and settlements in medical malpractice lawsuits for negligence victims. This includes gaining a $60.9 million verdict for the parents of a newborn who suffered brain injuries during birth because of medical negligence. Our malpractice lawyers in Miami also have experience upholding the rights of those who suffered surgery errors, misdiagnoses and other medical neglect cases across the United States.
While we understand no amount of compensation could ever replace the loss of a loved one or alleviate your pain and suffering, gaining the recovery you deserve could give you the financial security you and your family need to focus on moving past this difficult time. Contact our malpractice lawyers at our law office nearest you today.