Professional Malpractice Lawyers in Florida
We work hard to obtain justice on behalf of clients injured, physically or financially, by negligent doctors, lawyers and other professionals.
Global Experience with Legal, Accountant and Medical Malpractice Cases
Our professional malpractice lawyers in Florida, are pioneers in the field of professional malpractice. In fact, we were the first law firm to earn a medical malpractice award above $1 million in the United States. At the time, this was also the largest award for a Federal Tort Claims Act case involving medical negligence.
We are dedicated to representing clients who deserve compensation for their injuries and pursuing justice for professional negligence. We have a successful record with cases involving medical, legal, financial and other professional negligence. Additionally, our malpractice lawyers in Florida have both prosecuted and defended legal and accounting professionals in nationwide professional malpractice cases.
Medical Malpractice Cases We Handle
Our firm handles major medical malpractice cases, including:
- Birth injuries
- Surgery and anesthesia errors
- Misdiagnosis of cancer and other illnesses
- Cardiac arrest negligence
- Medication errors
We have access to the most respected medical experts in the country and abroad, and have secured multiple multimillion-dollar hospital and physician negligence verdicts and settlements for our clients.
Examples of Successful Professional Negligence Case Results from Our Malpractice Lawyers in Florida
- $60.9 Million Verdict for Brain-Injured Baby: Our medical malpractice lawyers in Florida secured a $60.9 million award, the largest amount ever awarded in a Federal Tort Claims Act case in the country, for a victim of medical negligence. After arguing that an obstetrics clinic at the Mayport Naval Station was responsible for a brain injury sustained during a baby’s birth, federal judge Jose A. Gonzalez ruled in our favor.
- $38.3 Million Medical Malpractice Verdict: Our Miami medical malpractice attorneys obtained a $38.3 million verdict for a client who suffered a debilitating condition after undergoing spinal surgery. Our client received an injection of Methylene Blue, which the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) warned could be dangerous when used for intraspinal injections. However, these warnings were not present in this operating room. In 2009, a Miami-Dade jury found the defendants negligent and at fault for damages.
- Accountant Malpractice: $9 Million Award against “Big 4” Accounting Firm: The firm obtained a $9 million arbitration award against a “Big 4” national accounting firm for professional negligence. The company’s failure to provide competent accounting services resulted in substantial losses for its business clients.
- One of the Largest Malpractice Recoveries in Pinellas County: Our medical malpractice lawyers in Florida acted as counsel to a young child with a brain injury. We settled the case on the trial’s first day, recovering a confidential amount for the family. At the time, it was one of the largest recoveries for a single claimant in Pinellas County, Florida.
- Teenager Dies from Tonsil Surgery: We represented a family who lost a teenage daughter after a routine tonsillectomy went awry. The day following the surgery, the young girl bled to death. Our lawyers for medical malpractice argued that the doctors made surgical mistakes and failed to recognize a potential bleeding issue. We settled the medical negligence claim on the trial’s first day.
- Infection Misdiagnosis: Our client, a fisherman in South Florida, received multiple misdiagnoses for bacterial infections over 22 months. He had to visit hospitals and rehabilitation treatment centers multiple times, ultimately spending over $700,000 in medical bills. Our lawyers for medical malpractice settled the case against a medical facility and a rheumatologist consultant.
- Professional Malpractice Cases Following Hurricane Andrew: Our malpractice lawyers in Florida evaluated and litigated more than $100 million in negligence claims filed by victims after Hurricane Andrew left a path of destruction in 1992.
Malpractice Lawyers in Florida Handling Nationwide Professional Negligence and Medical Malpractice Cases
Not sure what to do after professional malpractice throws your family’s life off track? Contact our malpractice lawyers in Florida today to find out what to do next. We have experience litigating a wide variety of professional malpractice cases around the world. Call 305-476-7400 to learn more.