Amusement Park Accident Lawyers for Theme Park Injury Claims
Experienced Attorney in Florida Handling National Cases for Theme Park Accidents
The thrill of danger on a ride can become all too real for visitors when owners or employees of theme parks, carnivals, water parks, festivals or fairs act negligently. Amusement park ride accidents caused by negligence result in numerous personal injuries and wrongful deaths of park visitors each year.
The Miami personal injury lawyers at Colson Hicks Eidson understand that theme parks must make guest safety their number one priority. They must make sure that their attractions and premises are safe for visitors. Unfortunately, theme park guest safety is still being overlooked. Each amusement park accident lawyer at our firm believes that victims of theme park accidents and their families have the right to obtain compensation when negligent theme parks cause serious and fatal injuries.
Our amusement park accident lawyers have experience going up against large companies successfully for our clients. We know the strategies corporations use to convince you to take a personal injury settlement that may be lower than you deserve. Getting you to agree to a settlement means they save face in the public eye for operating negligently. Know your rights to fair injury compensation and your right to hold the theme park owner or operator accountable. This can then help make amusement parks safer for families nationwide. Call us today at (305) 476-7400 to speak with an accident attorney ready to evaluate your claim and fight for you.
Can I Sue a Theme Park for Injuries?
In many instances of amusement park negligence, theme park operators or their employees may fail to take the appropriate steps to ensure the safety of their guests. Theme parks may be liable for injury or death to a guest in many negligent situations; a few examples are below:
- Ride Mechanical Failure. If a lap bar detaches or another mechanical failure occurs, then the theme park could be liable for failing to inspect or maintain the ride. The ride may also suffer from a manufacturing defect or defective product.
- Failure to Operate a Ride Properly. If an employee does not attach a lap bar correctly or acts negligently while operating a ride, then the operator places guests at risk for injury.
- Failure to Provide Appropriate Warnings or Instructions. If the theme park does not provide guests with appropriate warnings about a ride or does not provide correct instructions so that guests may avoid injury, then the theme park may be at fault.
What is the Most Dangerous Amusement Park Ride?
According to accident statistics from the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, theme park guests under the age of 20 suffer just over 50 percent of all theme park ride injuries. Of these guests, theme park injuries to children ages 10 to 14 had the highest overall injury rate.
Many injuries at amusement parks happen while riding roller coasters and other high-speed or high-intensity theme park rides. Roller coasters have also caused several fatal theme park accidents. However, any park ride is capable of causing serious or fatal injuries to guests.
Some other common injuries guests may suffer on theme park rides include:
- Brain and neck injuries, such as concussions, whiplash from the high speeds or G-forces and detached objects colliding with a rider’s head
- Injuries to the head, neck and spinal cord injury due to bumper cars, spinning rides or roller coasters
- Brain aneurysms from rapid rides, including roller coasters
- Death from drowning in water rides
- Death caused by falling from or being thrown from a ride
Florida Accident Attorneys for Amusement Park Injuries Nationwide
Our amusement park accident lawyers have fought for compensation for individuals injured because of negligence for over 40 years. We want theme parks to know that they cannot provide anything less than the best possible environment for their guests.
If you sustained a theme park injury, we may be able to work with you to seek injury compensation for your suffering. Please contact our personal injury lawyers today at (305) 476-7400 or fill our our online case review form to schedule your free legal consultation.